Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Mallard hunter---read what TBC siad--the owner would move to MN.

Well, that does not mean he will not move the Vikes--not right away, but I fore see a "build me a stadium" ultimadem within 2 years time. The contract with the Dome runs until 2011, so in 2 years there will be a ulitmatium, if MN does not come thru (balckmail) the other owners will grant him to move the team---as I bet there are cities stupid enough to have their taxpayers finance the stadium for the new owner and they would then still have over 3 years to build him stadium.

Sorry, but in no way do I support a new studuim with taxpayers $ to fund it. Fowlers paid over $600M for the team-if you got that kind of $ to pee away-build your own stadium like the New England Super Bowl owner did. BTW, McCombs is getting richer, he paid 246M in 1998, 7 years later he is selling it for a 150% profit return :eek: :eek: :eek: Nope-I surely do not support us taxpayers paying for bigshot owners and overpaid players salaries for a field to play on. :thumbsdown:
Don't get me wrong, I love the Vikes and am an old Bud Grant fan, but the days of having players playing football for the love it it is over-it is now 80% about the $ now to the players. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree with h2ofwlr, why should tax payers pay for the stadium. We are already paying for their overly paid saleries. The players should all take a little cut and build their own stadium along with the owner.

But then again that might piss the players off like the hockey players and we wouldn't have a football season...

Stupid Stupid. I miss hockey, and all over money- just play the sport for fun- who needs that much money- they make enough and can afford a little cut in their salaries

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.