Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently at age 56 had to get glasses. They are progressive lenses. Any experiences to share shooting with them? Obviously I hunt waterfowl but I’m also a die hard deer hunter with a bow. I shot the bow last weekend and didn’t seem to have any problems. Will do it again this weekend to make sure. Just wondering if any of you have had good or bad experiences with progressive lenses. Ducks or otherwise.

· Administrator
43,554 Posts
Moe,

I don't have experience with those but do have a contact for my left eye only to better see small print. Brain adjusts the right eye for "distance" and the left eye gets contact help for closer reading.

Works great but I have to remove it when shooting pool. Guess my brain gets confused. If I were shotgunning, I would not wear it and guess I wouldn't need it.

near sighted vs far sighted thang. Let us know how you fare, I wanted to avoid glasses at all costs.

· Registered
219 Posts
I've been shooting with progressive lenses for a few years now. No problem at all.
With shooting.
Driving the boat, though, is a different story.
Weather it's rain or spray, they always seem to get spotted with water until I can't see anything.
Of course, that's the case with any glasses, not just progressives.

· Registered
13,136 Posts
I had perfect vision until I was 43. I started noticing blurred vision close up so I began using cheater magnifiers, seven years later I’m in progressives. I’ve had them for over a year now, and I’m thinking about getting a pair for mid and long distance. Currently I have a pair for close and computer distance, then the pair that’s set up progressive. I guess I’ll have three pair of glasses…

· Registered
13,136 Posts
I have Tri-focals, I don't care for progressives they make me a little dizzy if I'm looking around a lot.I'm one of those people that prefers the defined lines.
I know what you’re talking about with the dizzy thing. I started getting vertigo going down stairs and escalators. I’d take them off and still get that feeling. Very strange.

· Registered
16 Posts
For progressives, you simply "follow your nose". You really have no peripheral vision with progressive lenses, so you've got to point your face directly at what you're looking at. I've been wearing them for years and they work great for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts