1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
i hang em upside down.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i hang mine on a wader hanger in my closet. they are always there even during season. no garage for my waders. i think they last longer if there always hung up. keeps them from getting creases(spelling) in the rubber and causing leaks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I spray mine with armorall and store tjhem in a plastic bag and they last me years. I have a friend who had a pair o red ball hip boots over 20 years old stored by rolling them up and putting them in a paper sack each year. They were still good until his son borrowed them and toe them on a fence!!!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
asu72: your story about your friend's Red Balls almost has me balling. I just gave up a pair @ my club's auction last year :thumbsdown: . Had mine seven years when they started to leak. Can't find U.S. made waders any more. I'd hate to loose this new Chinese pair. Don't hang them in the gararge? Why not? I do; hate to think that I'm jeopardizing another pair.

·
Registered
11 Posts
mine never seem to have any poblems. They don't dry out in the plastic bag. The red balls wee just rolled up and put away. red balls must have been made better back then!!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I don't know much about the rubber waders but the neoprene waders need to be in a cool place. If you hang them in the garage wrap a plastic bag around them and seal it. Or place them in a closet in the house where the air is regulated. I live in calif and keep my wetsuits i use for surfing like this. I've had them for years and not a rip or crack in them. The air will dry them out and there is nothing you can do about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.