Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
check e-bay for aluminum molds H style..... they will last forever!....the aluminum mold I got on e-bay was $25 and IMO well worth the investment since anchors seem to get lost by even the best knot tyers!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
another option, and one that is excellent for tide and current, but also great for long-lines in calmer waters.................get the aluminum extra large muffin tins (about 99 cents for a pair of six packs).......make a loop with heavy guage wire or even a suit hanger....pour your lead and set the wire (I twist the ends so the hold power is increased)....the anchor will peel out......since the tins are so cheap they are disposable......the anchor will be about 3 pounds and will hold even the largest goose floater in current or a string of eight divers

other than that, I do not know of any commercial molds other than those stupid strap anchors....and those are available through Cabelas or Basspro I believe.........maybe Knutsens has them

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
just trying to be helpful.....I can read and did so... there may be others looking for ideas...no need for snippy replies.......if you already know where you can get anchors....then just buy them.....and mushroom anchors suck worse than straps for damagind decoys, especially if using plastics in a gang-bag IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.