Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a War Eagle 2072. I've only owned it for 6 months and it's spent three of them in the shop and just had to go back to the factory. Has anyone else had such a hard time with their War Eagle? Also can anyone else recomend a good boat for hunting in big rivers? The War Eagles just candle handle water of any real size. Thanks...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the biggest problem I'm having is the welds are cracking almost everywhere on the boat. I've never seen anything like it. The entire floor started to come up and is cracked in places, the side console cracked and came loose, the deck on the bow started to break free and became damaged, the brackets on the seats bent and eventually broke.

This boat is barely 6 months old.... it's falling apart!

War Eagle has the boat back in their factory and they've been great to work with... but the welds and overall construction of the boat is poor at best.

Love the people hate the product.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish they would give me a new boat. My local dealer was going to fix the boat with a local welder but War Eagle insisted that the boat be shipped back to the factory. I showed the boat to a guy who welds frames for cars and motorcycles and he laughed at how poor the welds where in my boat. So I guess I'll spend the duck season hitching rides with guides. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow... Thanks to everyone who's replied :thumbsup:

The guys at War Eagle have been very nice to me and so have the guys who I purchased it from (Rudy Marine, DE). But the boat does have to be completely dismantled and it's the middle of the season, who knows how long it will take to get the thing back up and running. I really wished they could have just given me a new boat... they've already had to remove the engine and all the extras on it.

I like the people at War Eagle but I'll be buying a new boat this spring. If I had the cash I'd be buying one right now.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dropped the boat off at the dealer almost two months ago now, the dealer was going to have a local guy re-weld it, but War Eagle told the dealer he had to send it back to the factory. War Eagle sends a truck to pick up these boats so my dealer can't speed the process up. I thought the boat was already being worked on so I called to War Eagle to see what was going on and if I was going to get the boat back some time this year... Guess what!!!! The boat hasn't even been picked up yet. The guys at War Eagle told me they sent a truck up to my area but forgot to pick up my boat, so now I'm waiting on the next truck.

Anyone have the # and a POC at SeaArk?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wrote the company a long email and shared some of the veiws expressed here. Hopefully, it will help in getting me out on the water some time soon.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I bought the boat in Delaware... I drove up from Virginia to get it... so I have no idea about the laws. I've tried to figure out what the warranty situation is but they haven't let me know. I know that the boat is covered and they plan on fixing it. My problem is that I shelled out a ton of coin for a Jon boat that has spent more time on land than in the water.... at least it sure seems that way :sad: Anyway, I'll wait and see what they do about it... I'll make sure to let you guys know how they deal with it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Guys... I just got a call from John Ward the owner of War Eagle and he couldn't have been a more stand up guy. He is replacing my boat with a brand new one... he assured me I wouldn't have any more problems with their boats and he told me he will always stand by his products :thumbsup: I guess I just got unlucky with the one I bought. Anyway thanks for all of the help and I'll make sure to post how the boat goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.