Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
I did a lot of research (about a year) and talked to several Guides before I purchased my boat and I am very happy with it, I have the Grizzly 1872 and in 2 years of trailering, rough seas, Ice and rocks it has had no problems at all. I was told that If I will be breaking Ice forget about the war eagle and one guide told me he destroyed 2 of the 20' War eagles before he bought a grizzly. I was also looking at the sea ark but it was out of my price range but a great boat. I contacted War Eagle with several questions about their advertised Hull thickness and other concerns as I heard that the sides were thinner than the bottom and they refused to answer even on the phone(told me to ask my local dealer). The grizzly is thicker on bottom and sides from what I could find. I have seen a LOT of Polar Krafts in the shop being welded on the corners where the transom meets the sides. I Was told that the Polar Krafts do this often when trailered without a transom saver or if used in rough water. I heard and read a lot of praise about AlumiCraft too but I could not find an 18' Flat bottom in my area.

I did have a 12' War Eagle (built like their big boats all welded and very heavy) and it was a great boat but I only used it with a 4hp outboard in the shallow marshes so I never really taxed it at all. I still do not know why I sold it :mad:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.