Duck Hunting Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I bought the boat in Delaware... I drove up from Virginia to get it... so I have no idea about the laws. I've tried to figure out what the warranty situation is but they haven't let me know. I know that the boat is covered and they plan on fixing it. My problem is that I shelled out a ton of coin for a Jon boat that has spent more time on land than in the water.... at least it sure seems that way :sad: Anyway, I'll wait and see what they do about it... I'll make sure to let you guys know how they deal with it.

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
If your gonna buy a new hull. I would give the boys at F&F a call. You can build the hull to your exact specs and it will be stronger and built how you want it. They are a great bunch of guys. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree with your recommendation of F & F. Just bought a 18 Ft. F& F- after 15 years of using a 16 ft. F & F. Built like a tank AND to my exact specs and I mean exact. Drove 5 hours from west Tn. to pick it up- glad I did- met a group of great guys down there- believe me they stand behind their product.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Guys... I just got a call from John Ward the owner of War Eagle and he couldn't have been a more stand up guy. He is replacing my boat with a brand new one... he assured me I wouldn't have any more problems with their boats and he told me he will always stand by his products :thumbsup: I guess I just got unlucky with the one I bought. Anyway thanks for all of the help and I'll make sure to post how the boat goes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Deeks said:
Guys... I just got a call from John Ward the owner of War Eagle and he couldn't have been a more stand up guy. He is replacing my boat with a brand new one... he assured me I wouldn't have any more problems with their boats and he told me he will always stand by his products :thumbsup: I guess I just got unlucky with the one I bought. Anyway thanks for all of the help and I'll make sure to post how the boat goes.
Glad to hear...I am the proud owner of an 06' 848, I've had no problems and the boat is out just about every weekend, hunting and fishing...I'm sure the replacement will be just as worthy..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 961 with a center counsel have used three times what a piece of junk. First time out two fuel leaks and a water leak on live well not to mention the wires for the trim on the throttle were pulled out (way to short) bilge pump quit full of metal fillings. Probably should have let it sink. the tube for the speedo was put on a gauge stud instead of the port. I pulled the drain plug then pulled half a coffee can of rivets (un used) and metal fillings out of the boat. Called starks sports in prairie du chien WI they said they could get to it in two to three weeks. so i fixed it myself. Then the floor started working lose and another live well leak developed this time up under the counsel. Sent war eagle a email they called back quickly said they'd come get it go through it and get it right back to me. That was three weeks ago it's still here. So I'm a little pissed and have started fixing it myself again. Worthless boat from a worthless company sold by a worthless dealer. i should bought an express i almost bought an express i wish i had bought the express.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MY buddy who turned me on to war eagle gave me a call today asked if they picked my boat up. NO it's been over three weeks since they said they were. he's said good they can come get mine too. I asked why cracking welds he says i laugh so hard he hung up on me. went and looked at it pushed the crack open enough to see absolutely no prep work prior to welding no penetration and looks to be inclusions in the weld itself. I've worked as a millwright/engineer for twenty years and have held many welding certifications most of which have lapsed (welding sucks} once your good at it you don't want to do it anymore. We have had numerous boats from lund and crestliner and even an alumacraft. Never have had problems like i've had with my war eagle. On the positive side it rides and handles very well if it was not for the problems i'd be happy. So i guess i'll just keep after it until the problems are fixed and hopefully mine does fall apart but what I've seen doesn't instill much in the way of confidence.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.