Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a pair of these. Just got mine today and was wondering about the cordura layer they added to the lower section from the knee down. The bottom section is open, does this get hung up on anything? I've had the 3mm neoprene for a couple of years and love them. For the late season hunts I heard about these and they got pretty good reviews.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My uncle has them and swears by them. My Dad used them one day and for next season he got his own. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I got a pair of these for Christmas and was thinking about returning them. Are they as warm as a neoprene wader? I need one pair of waders that I can hunt with from October thru December. I love how lightweight they are and I do a lot of walking in them and wading so this would be great if they are warm enough for those freezing cold days.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My uncle and Dad have only wore jeans and long johns and was well they say completely warm. They swear by those waders.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're awesome. I wore mine for the 1st time this past weekend. It was fairly warm about 40-50 and I was too warm. I took my long johns off and wore a pair of hiking shorts with regular socks and was still plenty warm. The upper section of the 1000 is made of a different material. The neoprene waders really made me sweat but the 1000 have a gortex and let you breath. They also come up a little higher than the regular waders.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Compared to cabelas neoprene ($85.00) the crotch didn't go all the way up. The 1000 do go higher in the chest and back area and they breath a lot more. The crotch doesn't hang down either. I'm 6'2" and almost ordered the tall size, these fit very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.