Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Greenhead,

I just moved down here this summer. I plan on hunting around the columbia near Whitcom Island and Crow Butte. Where are you out of?

·
Registered
16 Posts
i've hunted on the columbia it does pretty good but a lot of the time i go out to Mcnary wildlife refuge at burbank just outside of pasco you should check it out

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
greenhead- isn't it special permit hunting only? Or can you just hunt it anytime during the season? We oughta get together for a hunt sometime.

·
Registered
16 Posts
it is permit but there is also standby you show up and after the people that have resorvations are done they draw the standby names for the past few years i've done and always got a blind but you have to pay 5 bucks to get a blind

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
5 buck isn't all that bad. Have you ever hunted the whitcom island or crow butte units? I drive by it all the time at work and see ducks in the small cove and ponds.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Greenhead,

What are the blinds like out at Mcnary? Are they spread out nice? How far do you have to pack stuff out to them? Are they setup for a dog?

Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
i've never been out to those places but i've heard that they do good. the blinds at Mcnary are setup good to they have 2 that are for disabled whichs means that they have a full box shelter then the rest have box frames to sit on out in the water so it is setup good and its five bucks per person in your group which isn't bad like you said

·
Registered
16 Posts
the walks out to the blinds aren't bad it depends where you park at some are close and some are little more out they have a map of the blinds at the check station where you pay your fee and pick blind

·
Registered
135 Posts
NO it is not reserved. First come find a place and hunt. There are no permant blinds. You just cant be on the refugee before 5 am I believe it is.I have always found a spot. Upland hunting is also there but you can't start till 12:00 noon.They have a nice flyer with a map at the entrance off of Christy RD. I hunt it fairly often. Good Luck

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah I really like the blinds at McNarry I didnt shoot many ducks but had a great time and there were some blinds that were walking out of there with 20+ greenheads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts