Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, i posted this here because it is more visable than in the oregon forum. so,

i will be there on friday evening for the 2 man events. i am about 6'3" so i am not hard to spot in a crowd. i will be wearing my old USS FOX navy ballcap. (dark blue with yellow lettering) it is unique and should stand out amongst the sea of camo hats that will be there (and normally on my head as well..he he he.)

so, Bret, Rel, Mike, and anyone else who will be attending...look me up. i'll be at the tables watching the action.

-Ed

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
follow the link in my sig for all the info...but here is a quick run down.

friday night:

2 man marsh duck comp
2 man goose comp
party

saturday
oregon state duck (sanctioned)
open duck
novice duck
kids comp
many many vendors will have their products on display..also, we have a swap meet, seminars on hunting tactics given by people in "the know", and dog retrieving contests. also, some kids events like decoy painting and such. most of the major callmakers are there. Echo, RNT, Foiles, etc,etc,

Sunday - all the goose comp stuff..and still the vendors and seminars.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Basically a Big Party, w/ a duck hunting theme.

Now that sounds like a hoot!
(If anyone can go, and doesnt.............SHAME)

-Stouff

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
AlaskaRedneK said:
Basically a Big Party, w/ a duck hunting theme.

Now that sounds like a hoot!
(If anyone can go, and doesnt.............SHAME)

-Stouff
:withstupid: unfortunately i am on the other side of the country or i'd be looking you up. hope y'all have fun!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Shrp...if you did go, you might want to make sure your daughter didn't have a gymnastics tournament to go to that weekend. :hammering: You know I could not let that one go. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Snafu518 said:
Shrp...if you did go, you might want to make sure your daughter didn't have a gymnastics tournament to go to that weekend. :hammering: You know I could not let one go. :mrgreen:
that's below the belt dude! LMAO!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
shrpshtr said:
:withstupid: unfortunately i am on the other side of the country or i'd be looking you up. hope y'all have fun!!! :thumbsup:
So am I, or I'd be there too, for sure.

Not only would I have a great time partying, and lookin at all the cool stuff, Id be able to hang out with and meet some really cool folks, there are even a FEW folks from this here site who fall into that catagory :laughing:

-Stouff

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
shrpshtr said:
Snafu518 said:
Shrp...if you did go, you might want to make sure your daughter didn't have a gymnastics tournament to go to that weekend. :hammering: You know I could not let one go. :mrgreen:
that's below the belt dude! LMAO!
There must be something I'm Missing...........

AND it sounds funny, SOMONE fill me in!!
(I wanna rag on him too :laughing: )

-Stouff

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
yeah, i'll chime in...as painful and expensive as it was.

months ago my wife and i bought tickets to go to charlotte for the coke 600 last weekend. i have mentioned it on here a couple of times. i even made arrangements to meet up with snafu who was also going. everything was great right up until friday afternoon when the wife and i discovered that our oldest daughter had a gymnastics competition that weekend. well, i couldn't cancel the hotel, couldn't meet up w/snafu, and ultimately didn't get to go to the race. 3 nights hotel that i still had to pay for, 2 race tickets paid for, and one heck-of-a good time was missed.... :pissed: oh well, there is always next year.

as disappointed as i was though, it was well worth the $600+ lost this weekend the moment my daughter stepped up on the balance beam. it goes without saying that i wouldn't missed her events like this for any amount of money.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OUCH!!!

ah well, ya did the right thing buddy and you know you did, so all's well that ends well. lots of other "dads" (and i use that term loosley) would have blown it off and gone to the race anyway.

last time i checked..the race is an annual event, these times with your kids only come around once.

:salude:

-Ed

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Dang Shrp I didnt know that, but glad you got to see your daughter in what she loves to do.

To far for me as well Swamp but I will be on a Poker Run down here in SC watching all them mud buddies tearing up the water this weekend.

·
Registered
796 Posts
SCoutdoorsman said:
Dang Shrp I didnt know that, but glad you got to see your daughter in what she loves to do.

To far for me as well Swamp but I will be on a Poker Run down here in SC watching all them mud buddies tearing up the water this weekend.
over in SC yall have Mud Buddy poker runs?
...you might be a rednek if^^ :laughing:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.