Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a new pack and I am curious. Some friends of mine have the Cabelas Rucksack and some of them have the Flambeau pack. I am looking at the Final Approach Guide's X-Treme BackPack and and curious to see if anyone out there has an opinion on all three of these? The Final Approach has a built in tree strap and they say is over 2200 cu in in total space...does anyone have a suggestion on what pack to go with?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Every year my kids get new backpacks for school I make sure they dont get brighte colors so I can have thier hand me downs. they are fairly cheep accually extremely cheep compaired to the packs that you are talking about, I swear once they make something out of camo the price tripples.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i went ahead and purchased the final approach pack...i will let you all know what i think of it after i use it...the tree strap was just too good pass up since most of time we are hunting the flooded timber.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Best backpack i have ever had... I took an old hiking alluminum frame pack, cut the pack off of it, and used about 30 zip ties and strapped a decoy bag on it. Carries anything from decoys to accessories and has all the waist and shoulder straps! Works awesome and love it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
i did the same thing robberwood. even with the pack part on, it is a pretty awesome setup. i clipped c-clips to the front of a bunch of my dekes, and ran wires up and down between the two bars that run past on the bottom. it holds about 20 if you clip em right. then i run the bars for my robo through the padded rings on the side, put all my gear inside the pack, strap the robo to the top and get everything in one trip. early season, when i dont need the extra room for heavy clothes, i even add 2 teal in the bottom pocket. it works great early on when you dont need a big spread. now im trying to figure out how to make an attachment that would also allow it to be used as a chair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.