Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my shells getting wet and rusting. The shells then jam my gun-which just ruined my opening morning hunt. I can't stand this. Is there any way to keep the shells dry? In a waterproof bag or something? I've tried ziplocks and they don't work. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have a blind bag that is waterproof. I keep the boxes in there. then I usually have a full box of shells loosely in my coat and waders. So they are quick to reload. Of course the coat, waders, and blind bag is water proof...

Mike

·
Registered
598 Posts
I hunt while wading alot and wear a neopreme shell belt around my waist and sometimes it is completely under water. Don't really have a problem with the shells rusting though. Maybe it's cuz I shoot em all before they have a chance to! :yes: Got a avery blind bag and it keeps them dry along with everything else.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey if you want to keep you shells completly dry, use a dry bag. There used for camping, I use one when I go duck hunting to put shells, or a change of clothes anything I want to keep dry. They really work and very cheap. Hope that helps. :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have used Federal Premium and Winchester Supreme and both types of shells rust and the primers corrode. I have recently started using Remington Nitro Magnums and they pattern very well never corrode or rust even after being left in wet waders over several days and I haven't had a single one misfire.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
I have one of the army ammo boxes and it works great. I even sprayed it camo with cattail camo. I flipped my canoe on monday and it floated great with 3 boxes of shells in it. All the leaf trash that has collected in the bottom from hunting this season was still bone dry.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Put everything you need in a five (5) gallon plastic bucket w/ a lid. Best to get a black one - you can camo it or leave it. Get a white one also; use it in the winter. Cut the lower edge off of the lid so that you can push the lid down on the bucket w/o it sticking. These buckets are waterproof like crazy & will survive a beating from a dog (which I don't have) or a Scots/Irish temper (which I do have).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.