Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man! If we don't get some warm dry weather around here soon everything will sprout webbed feet or mildew. :eek: I'm not kidding the weather has been wet and cold all spring. Land is too wet to plant on and its to wet and cold to enjoy fishing, besides the water is too high on the rivers and streams to get close enough to them to fish unless you take a boat or canoe and the you'd spend all your time bailing. Then when it finally does warm up you won't be able to stand the black flies and mosquitos. :thumbsdown: Buoy oh buoy, sounds like a whining session sure wish I had some cheese. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be good if the nests don't get flooded out. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
533 Posts
We must be getting the weather you ordered for down here in TN. :yes: It has been in the 80's & low 90's for about a month. Hang in there before you know it you will be setting in a blind wishing it would get a little cooler. :laughing:

·
1,456 Posts
We have had rain on a steady basis for 5-6 weeks now,this is the 6th weekend that has been rained out!
This year I think I'll plant Cattails and Lily pads,maybe some Pickerel weed also.
I want to get out to the skeet range and bust some clays.I want to get some serious work done on my boats,I need to get some exterior house work done.At this rate I'll never get out to get these things done :help:
I can only hope this translates into good duck numbers this fall,plenty of birds would be a nice result.Maybe a lot of rain and foul weather in the fall would be nice too,that would be a change from the last few seasons. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Atleast you have ALOT less chance of forest fires. That is a MAJOR concern up here right now, because we had soo little snow this winter, and soo little rain this spring, forest fires are expected to be fierce :thumbsdown: .

Besides, bad wheather means better huniting... Be HAPPY 'bout it! :tounge:

-Stouff

·
Registered
449 Posts
a hundred and frickin seven today. should cool down though. This is unusual for this time of year. Typical is 80's-90's. It's like july and august only duck season isn't two months away--for me that's the only thing that makes the heat tollerable.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Central California's heating up also, nothing like LV though. we hit mid to high 80's today, and are on the climb. And we've just about seen our last rain until October. Maybe one more little one. But i believe that the water supply is good. a lot of snow in the mountains and most of the resivours(sp?) are full.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.