Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 15' boat with a 25 hp. when i'm in my boat by myself going wide open, the water line is way up in the front only a couple feet back. also, water splashes inside my boat and it wont get on step. a friend thinks that the foam in the front maybe water-logged and is adding too much weight. i think my motor is putting out what it should but i still have this problem. i'm gonna drill a hole a check out the foam this weekend, has anyone had a similar situation/advice? thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
It sounds like you might not have the motor positioned correctly. Look between the motor and the transom. There should be a rod that runs horizontally across the transom mount that the motor either lays against or is connected to. That rod should have a tractor clip on one end and it will be bent on the other end. There should be several holes located in the transom mount above and below the rod. You can move this rod in these holes and it adjusts how the motor sits in the water which will also adjust where the boat will pivot out of the water to get on plain.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've played with that before and it has helped, sometimes i have to adjust it if i'm alone vs. have someone else. i asked someone if that maybe the issue and he said it could be part of the problem but not the underlining issue.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
It's going to be either too much weight in the front or the motor is trimmed down to much. Trimming the motor up and seeing it that fixes it would be the easiest thing to do. What type of boat is it? have you added anything to the bow? Do you have any pics of the boat that you could post.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i took it to a marine mechanic this weekend. i first changed my prop (from a beat up aluminum to a stainless) and he thought that would be my problem. i went run it and it had a lot more power but the water line was still near the front. when i went back and told him, we looked under my boat and noticed some dents (a buddy had dropped it on a landing before). he said that's my problem. with 2 people it's not bad because of the extra weight in the back, but i'm going to try to find a good deal on a new hull.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.