Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man the numbers are decreasing rapidly. Usually were limiting out like crazy this time of year. Just havn't seen the numbers. Any helpful tips that you guys have used that worked this year. I usually hunt public ground. Maybe I should try some private ponds. I don't know... HELP :help:

Mallyard

·
Registered
962 Posts
" hiden" privet pounds off of public hunting is where i have been killing ducks lately might try taht... alot of birds moved last weekend maybeyou jsut had more leave and come in

hope you have some luck this weekend
yellow

·
Registered
100 Posts
accordin to kdpw... for mchperson...huntin pressure has moved most of them off.... the wetlands... they aint stupid..hehehe they keep shootin at em that much and they go someplace else... *S*... there still plenty around and more comin down all the time....im thinkin next couple of days be a purty big push come thru... dont worry they havent gone or even begun yet...cuz for one thing there arent any snows around yet... theyll be here... might not stay long but theyll keep comin... *S*..patience.... and yeah try private...or like where they havent even came too yet...like the big lakes around.....that wetlands has been hit purty hard it sounds like.......

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes they have ........ I went out on thursday morn and we got 7 between 3 guys... I only got one but it was banded so it was worth only having one...... I'll post some pics soon.

Mallyard

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gurantee it's true. Since there has been no hunting pressure thats were they all are. Quivera is known for it's numbers in waterfowl every year. Wish I could hunt it now, too bad some one had to shoot them cranes.

Mallyard

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Yesterday was the first day I haven't shot a limit. Had a hard time telling drakes from hens and I only shot 2 because I wanted the hens to live.

Shot the most beautidul drake widgeon I have ever seen. Its 2 middle tail feathers looked like a drake pintail's tail feathers. My buddy is gonna mount it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.