Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I was a cubscout, but in my small town all the boyscouts were non hunters and fishers and I just didn't get along. I dropped out when I was very young because it cut into my fishing and hunting time... (Which was spent with my dad and family)

·
Registered
70 Posts
from cub scout all the way to eagle scout......and asst scoutmaster after that.....grew up in va beach....we had 65 member of our troop....seems boyscouts in small town southern indiana isn't as popular....when my 4 year old is ready i'll get involved again......

a funny story....a friend of my during rifle and shotgun merit badge qualifications actually squeezed both triggers of a double barrel 12 ga....he didn't breath very easily after that..and the clay bird lived to fly another day...we were both 14 at the time....he gasped and wheezed for a while.....the rest of us laughed once we knew he was half way ok

scouts is great.....a definite well rounded education while having fun

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Troop 53 of the French Creek Council. One of the oldest troops in the country. We were a bunch of misfits that had a lot of fun. Maybe we need to change the name to "Freedom Creek". Stupid France. Stupid snail hunters...

·
Registered
528 Posts
I was a cubscout until my troop pretty much dissolved. A shame too cause I was pretty good (I thought so at least).
A friend of mine had an old side by side 12 ga we used to shoot and I can remember shooting it one time and thinking "man..that shot was a lot louder and kicked a helluvalot more than the others" and thought maybe a heavier shell had slipped in with the others....when I broke it I discovered that it had fired both barrels. Thought maybe I had pulled both triggers and tried again...nope...something was definately wrong with that thing..we retired it until someone could look at it..but man did my ears and shoulder hurt.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
cubs, then scouts, then joined air cadets. Was a leader in a church youth group call tyros very simmilar to scouts only with a religous twist.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.