Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I heard Rum Creek WMA is pretty, never been there. Went on a quota hunt at West Point Lake last weekend. Supposedly this place was a duck habitat/refuge area. What a joke. A few woodies, 2-4 mallards, and 6 geese were all we saw and most were at distance. Bad thing is, there were a lot of other hunters out there. You would think if it was state land, the DNR could actually plant something for them to eat! wishful thinking. I don't know what to tell you man, maybe try the rum creek area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I went and checked out Rum Creek the other day, it looked good, i didnt check out the "waterfowl pond" , one of the roads went out Lake Juliette, i saw a pretty good bit of ducks swimming around in it around 4 pm, i dont even know if you can legally hunt that lake, if you could im sure it would be a great place.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I found out a while back that you can hunt Lake Julliete. Its a Georgia Power Lake but I don't know what type of permits you need, maybe just a WMA permit. Heard there are some ducks out there. You better jump on it, only a couple more days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.