Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would break in the new section by asking everyone to post what boats you all have? Fishing, hunting, skiing, it doesn't matter.

I have a 12' Deep V Valco aluminum boat with a 10horse johnson. The boat is pretty wide and sturdy for a 12 footer, it can handle 3 guys with gear and you don't get wet in rought water. It is the nicest 12 footer I have ever seen. I got the boat, motor, trailor and electric motor for $400...

I plan on getting a 19' Lund fishing boat someday when I run into a deal.

Mike

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
We have a 10 ft flat bottom jon boat that we bought for a dollar. We camoed it and have a trolling motor for it. Great for fishing ponds, and small lakes. Great on our small marshes here too. Need to find a way to stablize it so it is safe shooting out of though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
got a 16' john boat with a 40 on it, just got it and completley rebuilt the transom and put a new center console in it, it's almost done, we need to get a blind for it still, and I'd like to put a 80 hp on it, but finding one that's not a 70's that's not too expensive is proving difficult.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got a 12ft jon boat for free and have to fix some hole lol but it will work for some small holes that I hunt. Looking to buy a 19ft lowe with a 90 on it soon ( big boat for the river/Misouri river)

TOM :toofunny:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm boat rich. 11 foot Teal Craft circa 1960's wi/6 hp Evinrude; 14 foot River Rat sq. stern hunt n fish wi/6hp Johnson; 12 foot 22lb Poke Boat (fits nicely between rows of flooded standing corn) :hammering: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
14' aliminum sears boat, 14' alcort sunfish sailboat converted to a sneakbox, 14' aluminum starcraft, 16' wilderness systems tarpon 160 kayak, 12' wilderness systems tarpon 120 kayak, and a couple home built pondboxes :getdown:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have a 16' alumcraft with a 70' beam, this thing is a tank!!!!!!! I have a 25 horse motor on the back of it, just really doesn't do the justice I need a mud motor.. I have a homemade built blind on it, covered in quack grass that looks sweet.......... I just have to get up extra early to make sure I get to my blind on time, b/c the motor blows... If anyone has any leads on a mud motor let me know. Thanks for reading, and good luck to all you duck hunters. :salude:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I've got a 14' wide Smokercraft with 93 Merc 25 HP motor on it with a home built pop up type of blind on it. I need a 35 hp on it, as I can barely plane with it with my 9 dz Smags and dawg in the boat. Yes and the boat is como colored and so is the custom blind material so I can hide in the Cattails slough up here.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I have the same thing as ks_waterfowler, I am planning on repainting it and making a blind for it. I have a trolling motor for it and it goes pretty good for that little motor. I plan on using it sometime this year I haven't used it for hunting yet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
3 layout boats that need camo, a 14' jonboat, a 18' canoe, a 20' pontoon (wife won't let me camo),and a 16 1/2' starcraft.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a new 14ft War Eagle with a 9 hp. Mud Buddy. The boat is all open which allows me to throw 4 dozen decoys and 3 people with gear no problem. The boat is somewhat light for a welded boat which comes in handy for heaving over *****. The boat is great for shallow waters and goes through everything. I love driving past the guys with the little outboard motors either pushing there boats or un-tangling there props. One huge disadvantage is the mud style motors aren't as efficent in deep water (meaning they are very slow) mine is any how. :salude:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine is a 23ft' Wareagle 2372 LDSV w/an Avery blind. The motor is a Mercury 75 optimax, also have a little Mercury 5 horse on it for picking up and setting out decoys, etc.. I'm positive I've already posted on this topic...maybe I'm going nuts!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.