Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a preference on a type of call you like to use when producing the feed call. I am having a hard time reproducing the feed call and i'm not sure if it's the call that i'm using. Can anyone help, or recomend a call for me to use.. Thanks :salude:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Probably the best call to use is the single reed call.....I personally use the word "duh"

If I had to give a sequence it would look something like this:

duh duh...duh duh duh....duh...quack...du duh\\\\ect ect.....

I found that soft single quacks will a little feed type call works best as opposed to more feed and less soft quacks

listen to some of the sound clips at kdcalls.com

·
Registered
41 Posts
Any call can do all of the sounds that most hunters want ,,in my opinion single reeds do work a little better for most, it could be that you are not useing back pressure or you might have to much back pressure,,,,, My 8 year old daughter has a hard time with the feed call and it's because she dose not give the call the back pressure it needs,,, Try using a call with no insert and practice that way and see if that helps. If you like you may call me and I can try to help. It s easier to talk to some one on the phone and help ,,, or call a prostaffer that lives close to you and see if the can help you / or will help you. ( Some hunters have been calling for along time and still cant get the feeder call right,,, dont give up trying )

TOM :thumbsup:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why do you guys prefer a single reed over a double reed? I thought a double reed would give you a better chance to produce the feed call. How do I know if a call needs alot of back pressure? :cool:

·
Registered
211 Posts
you can reproduce a good feed call with both types of calls you just have to find one that suits your needs, you need an easy blowing call one that dosent take much air to work. the sounds that i have had success with are Ticket, Kitty. DuDA, taka. just pick a similar sound that you can do really fast. do a few short breaths of Kitty kitty kitty quack kitty kitty quack and repeat as stated above more soft quacks and less rolling feed seem to work better..

and practice all the time not just in the blind!
at home turn the call around and blow through the exhaust end so it dont make noise..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks for the help :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
One more thing to say, if you add a quack in there everyonce and a while, it will re set your lips and maybe give you a little more air.
Ticka ticka ticka ticka quack ticka quack ticka ticka and so on

·
Registered
32 Posts
Either call will work. I use the Keith Allen's method. dugga dugga dugga or goo goo goo, gaa gaa gaa then drag out every once in a while duug duug duug aaaaaaa

Get Keith Allen's cd as he explains how to blow duck calls extremely well and easy to learn

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey thanks for the follow up.. How much did that call cost you? :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.