Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new to duck hunting and I was woundering what kind of decoy do you suggest I should get. I want something thats gona bring them in close and last along time. I was thinking about the Herters Suc Ducks because then you could use them on land and water but thats just my thought.
any suggestions would be nice

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
There are a few things to consider. If you are just starting, id go cheap. If you have to carry your decoys like I do, get ya a dozen cheapo water keels...the cheaper, the better...the lighter the better as well, maybe even some inflatables. Old campaign signs cut down and painted will make dandy silos...easy to stack and carry as well. If ya hunt big water....thats a whole different ball game. I'd get a dozen or two of "these" and a dozen or two of "those". My whole thing is "the cheaper the better",but, Im married with children...throw a jerk cord and a ripple maker in the mix...watch out dux! Y'all have a nice day!

:hammering: :hammering: :hammering:

·
Registered
598 Posts
First off, there isn't a best decoy out there. It's just a matter of opinion. Just like there is no best duck call out there. If you want good looking and durable decoys, then you need to expect to pay somewhere between $40 - $90 a dozen. I like GHG decoys because they look great, but aren't the most durable. I've got 2 dozen Flambeau magnum mallards that have held up very well after about 5 years of abuse. Also G&H decoys look great and are very durable but are gonna cost a little more than the others, but sometimes paying a little more is worth it in the long run. :salude:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
1-2 doz G&H or herters mallards.....this would be good to start out with...I have tried many decoy brands and these seem to hold up the best....there not cheap though, G&H run for about $90 a doz, while the herters run for about $75 a doz..... standard size.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.