Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
I don't have a bad word to say about my boat. It's a 16ft allweld, center console, with a 30hp yamaha, electric start of course. It moves pretty quick only being a 30, and with the jack-plate, it runs full bore in 8-10in of water. That thing has fired up each and every time I have turned the key, doesn't leak a drop and as long as you know what your doin, she'll get you there. I ornately painted in bold white to contrast the camo job, "quacker smacker" on the right rear, I did the cammo myself, took forever but it's all hand painted shadowgrass, and my efforts now show.

· Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shocktroop, do you have a picture of it you can post up? Sounds like a good looking boat.

The 25 Yamaha that I have on the back of the boat I'm selling has been a great motor. Not a single problem. It's run better than my two other boat motors (25 Mercury and 60 Evinrude) that I currently have on a couple other boats. Now I'm moving on to a 50 Mercury on the new boat.

· Registered
70 Posts
my is named after my parents boat.....

their boat they used to catch blue crabs in virginia was named "Essence"....the name came one day when no crabs were around, everyone had had 12 too many cold beers and someone said they needed some "essence of crab **ssy" to attract the jimmie (male) crabs....this boat was a 12 ft all fiberglass sears john boat with a 9 horse outboard...4 drunk 30-somethings in the late 1970's talking about attracting crabs floating around in broad bay (just off of the chesapeake bay)....

my brother and i even took it out scuba diving to the 1st island of the chesapeake bay bridge tunnel (take a look at a map)....quite a feat...we rode the in coming tide towards the island and rode the out going tide on the way home....dove during the high slack tide

mine is a 16 ft aluminum polar kraft with a 8 horse johnson....and a homemade blind.....worked great this year
and is named "Essence II"....of course i use the essence of duck and goose **ssy...... :laughing:

· Registered
4,265 Posts
I have a 19 ft Polar Craft with 50 horse Honda. In the fall she's called "fillen the freezer", and in the summer when I'm fishin she's called "catch and fillet."

· Registered
117 Posts
I call my 16' Alumacraft canoe the "Titanic", 'cause shes got numerous holes in her and takes on water rather quickly.

Haven't thought of a true name for my 1236 Alumacraft Jon, but I typically call her "Johnny"- because she's a jon boat.

Also has a new foam core boat that hasn't even been out on the water that will remain nameless for now.

· Registered
240 Posts
Named my duck boat Dead Ringer since our primary prey is ringbill. Ironically, I've had a few confused people ask me why I'd have the audacity to put Dead Ranger on the side of a duck boat.

· Registered
192 Posts
mine is the Get-er-dun boat :yes: and my friends is just "duck-boat"....although one time he had a jetboat that he called "bath-toy" :toofunny:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.