Duck Hunting Forum banner

What do you drive?

2K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  98ramtough 
#1 ·
What kind of vehicle do you drive while you are out hunting? Here is a picture of my truck that I drive, so if you see it that means the ducks and gees are comming :mrgreen: It is a 1985 Chevy Silverado the only thing I don't like about it is that it is only 2wd :thumbsdown: I just washed and waxed it so I decided I better take a picture because it lasts longer.
[siteimg]287[/siteimg]

#7 ·
I drive a white, 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Z-71. 350 vortec with straight pipes. It's rollin on some 33" Bridgestone Dueller M/T's. That thing is a muddin machine. She's been through some pretty rough stuff on the way to the blind, but it can handle anything you throw at it. :salude:

#8 ·
1994 Ford Ranger, 2 wheel Drive

Would like to see how this comes out......So Far There are 5 Fords and 2 Choke, :umm: I mean Chevys and 1 Import.

Would like to see Calvin have to change his aim to Chevy! :thumbsup: :laughing:

#12 ·
nice truck mallardhunter :thumbsup:

#15 ·
2000 Durango RT. 4x4 is a must for a lot of the places we go and SUV not as lightweight in the back as a pick-up. Only problem is gotta clean er out pretty good after each hunt or the wife gets mad. Got a '90 chevy full-sized to use when we arent going to far off the paved roads, nice cuz you can just spray the mud off of the bed and call it good!!

#19 ·
fowl weather truck ----- 2003 f250 crew 4x4 chipped w/stock suspension
also my company vehicle...tow skidsteer or trencher / haul propane cylinders / take clients out to dinner / go duck hunting

fair weather truck ------ 1984 toyota 4x4 long bed 4" lift 32x10.5

aka hoopty

it leaks when raining...i've used two tubes of silicone and slowed it down but still leaks.....at least it will stop now its got a new master cyl.....got interesting a couple of times i drove it before repair

i actually had to get a bed liner because of the holes in the bed....stuff kept falling out through the holes

#20 ·
mallardhunter,

i have an '85 GMC Sierra just like your's (it don't shine like that though) that i use to ride around town in. if i travel any distance at all, i usually ride in the tahoe. i get ribbed all of the time about driving that thing in hunting conditions (woods, swamp, mud, etc.). but, that is what i bought it for. it still cleans up pretty good, too.

#22 ·
What kind of mileage are you gettin with those 35's? I'm thinkin about lifting my Z and puttin maybe some 34 or 35's on it.

Nice tahoe shrpshtr. My dad has a 99 4x4 Yukon. I like drivin it almost as much as my truck. It muds about as good as my truck too. We take it huntin alot, especially on those rainy days so you can keep all your gear dry.

#23 ·
i drive a 87 ford ranger super cab 4x4. its all rattle can camo, has 31x10.50's. i built a different bed for it to haul all my duckin equipment better. its still a peice. my wife drives a brand new taurus, optioned out, but thats not good enough for her. now she wants a friggin volkswagon pass it or some such crap, so looks like ill be driving the old junkpile for a while longer.

#26 ·
I drive a 98 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 shortbed quadcab CTD. It has the 12 valve cummins so my truck was only made for a half year. (the only half year to have the older cummins engine and the newer quadcab design and interior.) I have close to 500 lbs torque and get 22+ mpg on the highway when I keep my foot out of it. And that is with 34" tall tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.