Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Its all about what works for you. All three calls are capable enough but every caller is different and one of those calls may fit one guy and not another.

Comp calls are extremely personal.. what works for one will almost never work for the majority. Its all about who is behind the call.

·
2,741 Posts
Personally, I would go with T.Salt. No finer call and Tom is one heck of a guy that will work with you to perfect the call. He has made a good showing in both the NC state comps and the worlds. It`s only going to get better from here on out.

Pick up the phone and call all three mfg. See how interested they are in having you use their call in comps. That would be a BIG factor to me.

STUMP

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I am no contest call. Never claimed to be, nor do i aspire to be. But i knwo that botht he MVP and the BOSS have their history int eh competition circles. Good history at that. However, i did hear the T.Salt Jewel on stage next to the Echo and RNT boys at the NC State champ. And i msut say that the Jewel sounded much better to me.

But that could have been from a call that fit that particular person's style better. All of those calls have won competitions. So none of them would be a bad choice. ti woudl boil down to what Icelander said, pick what fits you.

·
Registered
308 Posts
confidence confidence you have to like the call you blow an know it will win for you....thats how i feel with a Jewel in my hands

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
pintaleslayer said:
confidence confidence you have to like the call you blow an know it will win for you....thats how i feel with a Jewel in my hands
you say that like you have won a contest or something? :lol:

·
Registered
308 Posts
fowl_wishes said:
pintaleslayer said:
you say that like you have won a contest or something? :lol:
Mmmm i guess so :eek:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have not ran a Jewel at all. I have heard the sound files. I would like to blow one, and if they are as good as these guys say I am sure I will get to play with one in my travels somewhere on the way.
The bottom end of the Jewel is what interests me. Judging only from a sound file I like the bottom of that call the best.

Of the three for me if I were to pick one on what I know right now I would pick an MVP for a lot of reasons I think Butch or John could fit me with one if I really wanted them to. I change my mind periodically though. I haven't blown a Boss or an MVP fits me just right though to date.

But why are you asking us you need to try some. I think you will find the correct call will pick you. I will tell you another thing as well the call you start on probably wont be the one you are blowing five years from now. You will progress your opinions may change with that progression.

Congrats on your ticket pintailslayer.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Bret said:
I have not ran a Jewel at all. I have heard the sound files. I would like to blow one, and if they are as good as these guys say I am sure I will get to play with one in my travels somewhere on the way.
The bottom end of the Jewel is what interests me. Judging only from a sound file I like the bottom of that call the best.

Of the three for me if I were to pick one on what I know right now I would pick an MVP for a lot of reasons I think Butch or John could fit me with one if I really wanted them to. I change my mind periodically though. I haven't blown a Boss or an MVP fits me just right though to date.

But why are you asking us you need to try some. I think you will find the correct call will pick you. I will tell you another thing as well the call you start on probably wont be the one you are blowing five years from now. You will progress your opinions may change with that progression.

Congrats on your ticket pintailslayer.
Thanx Bret

·
Registered
701 Posts
I hear very good things about the Buck Gardner Kryptonite as well. I have one on order and I wish the thing would get here so I could give you a first hand account of it.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
i have blow a buck Gardner kryptonite (sp) and wow that thing can ring. I was at the Mississippi valley calling contest and they guy who won the Iowa state was blowing it and it sounded good to me. Also, i would take it a look at fowl language calls, he makes a good comp. call.

·
Registered
404 Posts
TO ME THE RNT MVP HAS THE BEST BOTTOM END OUT THEIR SO THATS WHY I USE IT BUT. I WOULD LIKE TO TRY A TSALT :thumbsup: YOU PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IT SO MUCH.

·
Registered
308 Posts
louisiana duckman said:
TO ME THE RNT MVP HAS THE BEST BOTTOM END OUT THEIR SO THATS WHY I USE IT BUT. I WOULD LIKE TO TRY A TSALT :thumbsup: YOU PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IT SO MUCH.
if you do you will love it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.