Registered
2 Posts
Remington 1100 mod choke #3 Remington Nitro
Winchester 1300 Pump mod choke #3 Remington nitro

soon to get a browning auto loader in 3 1/2 " :twisted:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Benelli, improved mod, 3" 6 shot tungstun matrix(farm pond)
For the river i hunt, which is alot of pass shooting, I switch to 3" 3 shot

·
Registered
8 Posts
Benelli, choke depends on what i'm shooting, but either IC, LM, or M. Currently shooting Kent 3" #5Tungsten matrix, but have some 3 1/2 fed. Tungsten - Iron #4. In steel i usually shoot 3 1/2 " #2

·
Registered
16 Posts
I shoot a Remington 870. I use the gun for a boat pddle, ice breaker, and bird slayer. I have several chokes made for different hunting but for goose i like a full steel, and shot 3in BB's. For ducks i like a modified choke and usually shoot 4's and 2's. The gn soots like a champ never fails me and is easily taken apart and cleaned. Best gun for the money!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I SHOOT A REM 870 WITH WHATEVER CHOKE IS RUSTED AND STUCK IN MY BARREL. UNFORTUNATELY MY 870/ BOAT PADDLE, WALKIN STICK, SHOVEL, SLEDGE HAMMER, PRYBAR FINALLY BUSTED. I PICK UP MY NEW BENELLI SBE TOMORROW!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I shoot a Remington 870 supermag special purpose. The deal with the special purpose is it is camo has a sling and a little shorter barrel. It is supposably a turkey gun but I don't turkey hunt I just liked the features. I am kind of experimenting with shells. I have shot winchester 3 1/2" 4's , winchester 2 3/4" 2's and 4's. My favorite so far has been remington nitrosteel 3" 2's. I think the next shells i am gonna get are kent fast steel. They are about a dollar cheaper than other shells , they shoot 1500 fps and have the same amount of shot. I shoot a modified choke. I don't know why anyone would shoot anything else at ducks.[/b]

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
SX2 Winchester 28" . Imp Cyl for over decoys, mod if pass shooting,
HV #3 shot 3" early season. mid season backed by 2 #2 HV #2shot 3".
And for late season a #2 shot 3" backed by 3.5" #2 for dem big northern Mallards. :lol:

·
Registered
696 Posts
i use a 87#0 express supermagnum, with winchester super x #2's and #4's for ducks, and depending on what im hunting in, if its a big open slough, big water hunting, or river hunting, i will use a full choke, if im hunting swamps, flooded timber, or small ponds, i use a modified, this is over decoys, and for geese, i always use a full choke, with winchester dryloks or super x either using #2s, bb, or bbb, that is also over decoys, ive never had a crippled bird fly away, i have had crippled birds land, then i just shoot them again

·
Registered
12 Posts
Beretta Extrema, 870 SP, Benelli Nova and either PMC #2's or Estate #2's.
Unless I am out, then what ever Billy Bob is shootin'!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
:toofunny: That's about the truth too redleg. I was hunting with a guy this last fall for geese. I had no clue who he was, he just invited me to join his spread. I ran out of shells so he threw me a box of Hevi-Shot.... I was amazed. He told me that the shells where on him. Good deal for me. I'd a paid him somin for em but he said no.

Mallyard

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a Charles Daly Field Hunter 12 guage in Advantage Timber camo and have been more than impressed. I usually shoot #4's by Federal there new Ultra and Speed Shok loads are awesome. very very consistent.

If you miss alot of birds, does that make you a conservasionist?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
:thumbsup: I use an Ithaca mod. 87 featherlite 3" chamber with a Mod. choke and a Universal Firearms 12ga S/S chambered 2 3/4" M&M and when I need to get back to reality I pick up my Crescent Firearms single shot 12ga 2 3/4" IC. All I use for shells are 2 3/4" #2 Fedral Speed Shock at 1350 fps. No problems on ducks or geese. Learn your range and how to lead. It dosen't matter what you use if it isn't on target it won't bring it down.

·
Registered
450 Posts
nova with kent #2 3in mod choke

had

1 - 20 of 88 Posts