Duck Hunting Forum banner

what do you think

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  honer 
#1 ·
thinking about getting some goose decoys this year, what do you think? I hunt cornfields late season and shallow marshes in early season.

#5 ·
We hunt mainly corn fields on our farm and some gwinter wheat as well. I have found that "FULL BODIES" work the best. We use about 3 to 4 dozen with the bulk of them being the GHG Pro Series. I like the motion stakes that they come with. We have also put in alot of the Higdon full bodies to beef up the spread. They were cheaper at the time. We flocked the heads and repainted them to look more like the GHG's. We also use about 4 dozen OUTLAW Sillouettes. These work very well with the full bodies if you put them inside the spread. Late in the season when we are hunting winter wheat, we throw out huge spreads sometimes and we will put in the G & H Magnum field shells. Not the super mags or standards. The mags look better with the full bodies. But the best tip for field hunting is, if the Geese are there, use the full bodies and go small to start. Motion is always the key. We flag alot more int the fields.

In the marsh, use as many full bodies as you can on the edges and I like the G & H Floaters best. Plus sillouettes work awesome if it is shallow.

Good Luck!

#8 ·
Sounds like the Dakotas are awesome. I am going to have to get some. I checked some out at an outdoor show and they looked really good. I like the Hard Core dekes as well. Does anybody know any dealers out there? We usually charge 500.00 a day for a group of 6 for guided hunts on our Goose ground but I would be willing to trade a couple of hunts for a couple dozen Dakotas if anybody is interested. But keep in mind, we never gaurentee birds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.