Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used to run all silos and did very well with them. I think adding in some fullbodies would help with finishing birds. The only reason I switched off silos was because I hunt hard/frozen ground a lot and set up under those conditions took more time than I wanted to spend. I still keep several dozen silos on hand for early season and when I have to pack decoys in. As an alternative to fullbodies, I would also consider possibly running shells on motion stakes... they are up off the ground for good visibility, provide good movement in the spread, and are more portable.

The different fullbodies all have their pros/cons... and you won't find a shortage of individuals to share their opinions on them. Some are more durable than others, but unless you decide on running Hardcores or Dave Smiths, you won't have to worry about babying them.

The best advice I can offer on selection is to take a look at how much you want to spend, how many you want to run, what you like visually from the different fullbodies, then pick the ones that fit within your budget and the numbers you want to run.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hardcore fullbody geese decoys are the best. Just picked up a dozen and its all my dads freinds use and we hunted over them. They move with little wind not like the GHG full bodies that just sit and do nothing plus i think the hardcores look a lot more realistic. Just my .02

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just curious but has anyone seen hardcores and GHG full bodies side by side?... cause if you have and you still think GHG are better i must be blind or something... :umm: :umm: :umm:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
:withstupid:

I like GHG... but everyone has there own opinion. It's like some drive chevy some drive ford.. But only the smart drive Nissan... :thumbsup:
Just kiddn man, we just bought a 98 Jeep Wrangler today. It's pretty sweet.
I do like forgien make cars though... Guess that complements my decoys, both made in china! :yes:

Mallyard

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.