Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't bought a new coat in 20 years it seems and am out of the loop somewhat. what is a good duck hunting coat out there that has good pockets for shells with shell loops, that is warm, dry and not too bulky.

I would like to pay no more that $200 if possible.

Any help????
Tom

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you want to buy another that will last you another twenty years, and is guaranteed to keep you warm and dry, check out:

Omni Tech or Widgeon 4 in 1 Parkas from Columbia

or

4 in 1 Parka from Drake Waterfowl

I have the former but would love to get the latter, just don't have a reason. Spend another $30-$50 and get one of those, there are none better.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just ordered my Drake Mallard 4 in 1! I had already read about these nice coats and then when you mentioned it above, it reminded me!...I called the friendly people at Mack's Prairie Wings (Stuttgart) and they had just what I needed. They didn't have it in the Max4 so I got the "new breakup"...looks nice!...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Those are great coats (I have one) My only suggestion is if you do a lot of wading get the jacket instead of the parka. lt will keep the lower half of your coat out of the water.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the 4-in-1 wader coat. in the Max4 camo!...it looks great!...all the features a duck hunter could ever want. I had already ordered the wader coat....but thanks for the info just incase I had not already!...I hunt 75% or more of the time with waders on!..timber hunter!...:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
My old one is a coat. worked fine. Caution in water around waist deep water will wick up the coat and will become soaked in no time. (personal experience)most mail order stores will exchange if you decide.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Does anyone have a Cabela's versatec GORE-Tex 4 in 1 parka? If you do...is it a good coat? Any problems at all with it? Let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the 4-in-1 wader coat is the shorter version of the parka...model #DR-104 www.drakewaterfowl.com It goes inside my waders...so I don't have the coat getting wet problem....

Honkshooter...I've tried on a friend's Cabela's 4 in 1 parka and I'll tell ya....I like the Drake waterfowl coat alot better....more features and also dry and warm...for almost half the money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts