Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
What is your budget? Do you space (trailer) for FBs? or are tight for room that you need shells or silos?

If you want some extremely real nice FBs, how about David Smith Decoys? About $550 per dz with shipping. Or there is BigFoots which are $325 per 1/2 dz shipped. Sorry I can not reccomend 04 GHG FBs--I just read a report on another site where a guy is having alot of paint rubbing off and flocking too after a trip the CA. :(

If you like G&H which has a great paint bond, they have their shells for around $100 and 150 for mag sized.

I've not been too impressed with the Flambs for a wile now, especially their geese, they are OK, but there are better quality decoys available out there in which I personally like better.

As for Silos, Real Geese Pro series are the best made from what I have seen. About $140 shipped per dz.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
We use G&H Shells, Flambeau floaters, and Big Foots. We also just bought some Herters shells from a friend and they need some touch up. We are also going to flock all of our decoy heads and tails.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Ahhhhhh, I thought you were looking for advice from how I read your first post. :oops:

For field hunting Honkers I have 41 BF flocked heads. 4.5dz RG Pros, and 2 dz G&H mag shells and 6 G&H reg size. I have hardly used the shells though---I just keep them for in case I need a bunch to make a bigger spread for late season. Pretty much the same for the Silos.... The FBs are #1 choice, silos #2 and then the shells The silos are nice when you can not drive in the field but have to walk in or are tight for room. they are nice and realitic and compact.

·
Registered
961 Posts
i would agree if you are looking to expand a spreed get fullbodies#1 choice (bigfoots) if you are looking for number or jsut to start a spreed now-a-days sillos are the way to go easy set up, light , and look good(realgeese are the brand to go here) my opinion and that is hunting on a buget 17 year old high schooler (lol) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
i use 2 dozen [email protected] mag shells, 1 doz big foot, 1 doz GHG full bodies and they work well from my view, i dont have any paint rubbing off. Big foot sell around for $99.99 per 4 but can go on sale for 79.99 where i live at Gander Mountain. Have some carry-lite full bodies that i dont use anymore, want to get rid of. Good Huntin' :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Higdons get compared to bigfoots, and I have heard good things about them but never seen them up close. NODAK Outdoors sells them for 73.33 per 4. If anybody has any input on them let me and Mallardhunter know.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I use 2 doz. G&H for the fields and add another 1/2 doz Flam and repainted carry-lites[floaters] when on water ...with the shells on shoreline or very shallow. Going to add some silo's next year

1 - 15 of 15 Posts