Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm purchasing a Chessie pup in about three weeks, it will be the week of xmass, an di can't think of a good name,. to me the name means alot so i want it to be good, what do ya guys think? The dog is going to be female, a darker brown color. What do you guys have for a name for your dogs??? thanks for your helps -Chris

· Registered
965 Posts
my yellow labs name is lilly and my brothers yellow is jinx... the only other female dog we have around is our walker hound minny...but minny dosen;t really sound like a waterfowl dogs name... but hey never know... umm i guess my girlfriends female dog is named chip...... never know one of those might sper a better name ... but i understand i had a really hard time naming mine...

· Registered
528 Posts
Mine's name is Nell. I think that one syllable names seem easier to say when giving commands, IMO.
Somewhat unrelated but amusing. My father knew a man who had two dogs with one name. He never adressed one or the other...he just called them Boots. It was Boots come or Boots get in the car. I thought that was interesting.

· Registered
47 Posts
I pick up my GWH female pup this week-end, though I have always owned Labs I have gone thru the process of scratching my head on what to name them before I picked them up. Its always easier " To me that is to Name your pup after you get it" they will show you their personallity and something will trigger you to think of a name to match them..
Hope this helps, oh what I have named my dog you asked, I have been visiting my pup since she has been 4 weeks old, I wanted to name her so the breeder and their handlers could start calling her by her name and of course it helps out in the long run.. My female pup's name is:
" Liberty Belle of the South " Liberty for short...
Happy Hunting...

· Registered
109 Posts
My Retrievers name is Kobie, I like those short names. My wifes yellow lab who ,by the way, has more bird sense than my dog but who is gunshy is Tandy.

· Registered
204 Posts
I like Shotzie, thats pretty cool. My Weim's name is Kelli's Rowdy Belle...or Belle for short. We had a dog named Tahoe because we wanted a Chevy Tahoe pretty bad a while back.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.