Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Uhhhhhh, cause they kick ass. As for being better then your RNT or SMM, I'm gonna say that is purely an opinion.

The best thing about them is that they are custom made specifically for YOU, nobody else. The RNT's and SMM are made then customized for the tuner, not you.

Plus, Tom is a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Goose bonker said:
Uhhhhhh, cause they kick ass. As for being better then your RNT or SMM, I'm gonna say that is purely an opinion.

The best thing about them is that they are custom made specifically for YOU, nobody else. The RNT's and SMM are made then customized for the tuner, not you.

Plus, Tom is a great guy to deal with.
I agree! You've got to have one to see! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
2,741 Posts
First I`m not trying to take anything away from RNT, Folies etc. But in my opinion T`Salts are a step better than them. Tom has worked on perfecting his sound for more than 13 years. He and he alone has spent countless hours in his shop making suttle changes until he found what he belived to be the best sound he could muster. His calls have a special little vib as the call breaks over like no other. It is unique to T.Salt calls. Also when I buy a duck call I like to talk to the man that is going to turn it himself. Not some hired hand. Tom does it all himself. When you go to BPS or MPW etc and they hand you a RNT, Folies etc who turned that call? A CNC operator who probably knows nothing about duck hunting or even cares much less. They are mostly mass produced and packaged up to be sent out without ever being blown. Tom blows and fine tunes every call HE turns. That folks speaks volumes to me. And speaking of quality, my T.Salts are of the hihest quality woods and craftmenship out there. T.Salt was the ONLY small mfg at the worlds last year. He and Matt made a great showing beating out alot of bigger names. Well, Matt won the NC comp this year along with another caller from T.Salt in the goose comp. I think this year will be alot better seeing as they know what to expect now.
Let me just say that no matter what call you blow, I hope that it gives you all the satisfaction in the world and that you kill as many ducks as possible. Everyone has an opinion. This is just mine

STUMP

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tom makes a great call. I have his swan call and am working on getting a duck call. I own RNT, Taylor, and others. The calls that Tom makes are every bit as good (construction and appearance) as the main street brands. The difference to me is that Tom takes the time to tune and tweak the calls to the caller's preferences, and he is a heck of a nice guy. Currently I am in the process of changing all of the calls on my lanyard to TSalt (ok, I will keep my old Grounds goose call).

Just my 2 cents

·
1,136 Posts
:biggrin: Blow one or you'll never know.

I sold 90% of my R/N/Ts after getting my first marsh mouth.
Didn't have a need for them anymore.
you be the judge.
Dan

·
Registered
25 Posts
T.Salt calls are the best calls i have ever tried . Tom will make the call to meet your style of calling . give him a shout he will be glad to help you.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Many of you are very experienced callers and probably know much more than me about calls and calling. My T. Salt Swamp Mouth is my first "expensive" call. I have been watefowl hunting for 6 years now, and spent a lot of money on $15 - $40 calls. As I gained experince, and tried many different "expensive" calls, the T. Salt perfectly fit my needs. Even though I am not as experienced, Tom really took the time to explain everything to me in an easy to understand manner, and answered all of my questions (even the dumb ones :rolleyes: )

Tom is a good man - a no nonsense, no b/s kind of guy that sticks to his word and puts a lot of time and effort in making good calls to satisfy the customers needs without all the fancy marketing hyp to push his products. His focus is call making, not marketing.

And the coolest thing of all - you can choose colors, wood types, color combos etc.

Here is another call Tom recently made me (it is on its way).

Swamp Mouth
Copper Color

·
2,741 Posts
Tom is in the process of updating his web site. He just resently started making the SM avalible to the public. A MM has a nice crisp high pitch that will still get down and dirty. The SM as a natural rasp to it. It will go about 3/4 up the scale on a hail call but gets nasty on the bottom. The SM has the same volume as the MM but with the rasp built in. Next he has the Timber Tamer. It is a timber call at it`s finest. Not to loud but will knock it down.

Give him a little more time to redo the site. He had it all finished when his system crashed and he lost everything.

STUMP

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I am on the list for the MM, but I have a SM and it will do it all as far as I can see. Some say the MM is very loud and maybe too loud for them, but most say you can get down low on it so it should be fine. The SM is a great call. I just want to tray a MM and have a call for high migrators, windy days, and big wide open spaces with birds working lakes and fields a long way off.

·
2,741 Posts
Between the MM and the SM, I prefer the MM. It has range from the TOP to the bottom. Yes it is loud, BUT I blow accordingly to the enviroment I`m in. Swamps, tone it down....open water, bring it up...it WILL cover it all.

I like my SM ALOT, it will get down right nasty on the bottom end and about 3/4 up the high end while remaining somewhat raspy

STUMP

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.