Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it's that time of year when depression starts to set in. It's time to reflect on some of the great hunts you had this season as well as the not so great ones, clean up all the gear and store the decoys and layout blinds and take the next 2 months to break your dog of going into hyper drive everytime you get in your truck, thinking that he gets to go and hunt.

So I pose the question what are you going to do now?
personally I am going to go on a stocked pheasant hunt end of Feb. for a bachelor party then hunting spring snows in South Dekota for the last 3 days of march. When I return, it's time to get the boat ready for the stripers to show up. The withdrawels should be short lived this year.

·
Registered
142 Posts
All my reels have been cleaned and lubed, two flyrods have been replaced got to love life time warranties. :smile:
Fly boxes have been cleaned out, lures are all in order.
When the weather get a little better going to replace the springs on the boat trailer.
I will be helping out Saltys Custom Lures at the MSBA and RISSA shows.
Is it spring yet :biggrin:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Get ready for next year !! Train the new pup and do some crow hunting !!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Cleaned up the gear from waterfowling, Still hunting Coyotes and Crow and getting the boat ready for hitting the local ponds until the stripers arrive. Cant wait for Turkey season. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NICE!!

Just ordered a flyway special for my dog. If anyone is interested, maybe we could get together and work with the pups. Tim, I know that you have a new pup and some of the other guys have dogs and mine is a rambunctious teenage boy who needs some fine tuning, to say the least.

Give it some thought.

BTW, bigcat, G Loomis, best warranty around!!

[/b]

·
Registered
363 Posts
not sure. gonna try some turkey huntin this year. im not sure if ill be able to make myself stay seated while shootin :rofl: somewhere in there ill make some frequent trips to the beach too :thumbsup: and ill do that till september wen rail season comes in for a few weeks where ill fine tune my shootin for duck season again.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Kevan,

Sounds great I run him everyday do some basic drills etc he doing really good , shot alot of geese with him ,drop me a line .

Tim

·
Registered
917 Posts
After two years of waiting, I am finally going to have a new puppy. Can't wait but in the mean time, I am scouting for turkey roosts and keeping yotes at bay.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Been tyin flies for the stripahs and when warmer weather comes be workin on the duck boat I just got. Needs lots of work but the price was right! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Now that the season is over im ready for the spring weather.
Now its time to get some tuna and stripers. I did see some
ring necks this morning on two different ponds. I wish they were
here during the season! :thumbsup:

Joe P

·
Registered
917 Posts
Man thats really great.

My mom's dog just had her litter, but the males were so big that the first male as still born, and after 3 females the last male was stuck in the birth canal and died. She had to have a c-section to have it removed.

I am really bummed, but I am happy to be getting one of the three. Thankfully the mom is doing ok.

Congrats on your success.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.