Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Yeah when I first started I never knew the real difference until someone pointed out to look what was in the ingredients mainly the first listed ingredient. Thanks for sharing with us.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Good information, but surf around the rest of the page and be aware of who is putting it up there. I'm not saying you shouldn't look at it because of the affiliations or actions the API takes, just to know who's involved and to read the information with a grain of salt. Specifically check out the "Wildlife Campaigns" button to the left, then scroll down to, or click on the link for "Other WIldlife related issues". Here you will find some writings and opinions of this group.
They are quite accurate about dogfood, and raise legitimate concerns. I know people who wont feed their dog anything but chicken and rice. (which by the way; IAMs is getting into this market too, with a new "savory" sauce to add to dry dog food or homemade meals for dogs.) Good luck in finding what works best for you and your dog(s).

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
we have tried alot of dog foods to get rid of our dogs allergies.next we are gonna try some that is supposed to be all natural at zamzows. i worked at a slaughter house for awhile. everything that wasnt used for human consumption or medicinal purposes was made into dog food.

·
Registered
969 Posts
It's great info, but I wish they had just listed some dog foods that ARE good to give your dog and have all the nutrients, etc. they need without too many fillers. The info's all there, but it would be hard to take a 5-page article to the store to compare to the ingredient list! Any suggestions of brands that can be trusted? I have been using ProPlan by Purina because a family member recommended it, but I wonder if there is something better out there. Plus, it's getting hard to find outside of the huge chains like PetSmart (have to go an hour away from home to get to one of those). Any suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.