Duck Hunting Forum banner
241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Is it bad that I just want one to drop that I know is mine for sure? lol. One that I can claim completely as my own? I hit a couple of geese in the early season, but hunting partners hit the same ones. Team effort I suppose.

This will be my first full season. I went out once last year and we saw one duck within range all day. Darn blue bird skies. It still was enough to get me hooked though. :biggrin:

Although, give me a season and I'll be getting a bit more specific. ;)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Outdoor Gal said:
Is it bad that I just want one to drop that I know is mine for sure? lol. One that I can claim completely as my own? I hit a couple of geese in the early season, but hunting partners hit the same ones. ;)
That's tough when you're first starting out. I remember that frustration. It'll happen, don't worry. And if it doesn't, just explain it to the people you hunt with. Most hunters remember how that can feel and will gladly just back you up or not raise their guns until you get one of your own.

There are a couple pretty duck crosses I'd love to get, but honestly, no duck would compare to a blue ross's. :biggrin:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Reading these replies makes me feel fortunate to be a duck hunter in California. On any outting here you will likely shoot mallards, wood ducks, and a million pintail. In fact we get frusrated because you shoot you're one male sprig and then watch dozens more work you and land in the decoys throughout the day. Even shot a couple canvasback out here.

I would like to shoot a Eurasian wigeon; two of my buddies have but I've not yet.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I think a king eider or a harlequin or a baikal teal would be sweet. I would also like to get a fully mature pintail, i have shot a few but they were so drab you could hardly tell them from a hen.

·
Registered
392 Posts
i have been bird huntinf for about 3 years in an area without many birds. i was lucky enough to get a drake canvasback for my 3rd bird ever, also have been lucky enough to get a hooded merg, ringneck and few black ducks to go along with the usual mallards and woodies.....my dream duck would definetly have to be a pintail though.....there are just too cool of a bird

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I have a bull woodie and a bull hooded merganser...they both look great. The woodie was banded, as well. My next two that I am looking for would be a bull pintail...shot one a few years ago, but it wasn't full plume. I full plume widgeon will also be going to the taxidermist once I get one.... :biggrin:

Labs

·
Registered
8 Posts
HEY GUYS IM 14 AND MY FATHER IS A MEMBER OF THIS WEBSITE AND I THOUGHT I WOULD JOIN. I GO HUNTING WITH HIM IN OUR TDB. I THINK MY DREAM DUCK WOULD BE A CINNAMON TEAL. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
my dream duck, well dang i already got him, a drake woodie. but if i had to pick another i'd say a drake canvasback, but i already got one of them, a pintail drake would be a nice addition, heck around here you cant stir the woodies with a stick

241 - 258 of 258 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.