Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sitting here thinking.... Listening to you folks, it sounds like the ducks are just starting to show up in good numbers (Tri-cities area). What are your thoughts about the up-coming cold weather. Will the duck hunting pick up when the cold weather comes next week, or will it be better the week following the cold weather?

I.e. I am limited in my hunting times due to many small kids in my family. So I guess the question is really, if I can only hunt once within the next 3 weeks, should I hunt during the cold next Wed, or wait another week, and go the following Wednesday?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've gotten into more of the smaller locals than the northerns myself but expect to see more with the cold, nasty weather. More and more birds are flying, 98ramtough is right about the weather. A little wind, some fog, even some moisture seems to help my hunting.
-shep

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just noticed your post. my son and I do a lot of duck hunting but new to this area. we were out for a drive around spokane/medical lake area this afternoon. looks like all the little ponds/lakes are frozen. If the birds are moving in north of spokane, I assume on the rivers? any tips on general areas to go? thinking about heading somewhere sunday even if its just to say we went. by the way, can't use our robo duck in WA. too bad, we love that little guy. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.