Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
DID SOME SCOUTING TODAY VERY DEPRESSING NOT MANY DUCKS TO BE FOUND. COLD WEATHER SHOULD HELP DRIVE SOME DOWN. BUT DUCKS ARE VERY SPREAD OUT JUST A FEW HERE AND THERE. GOOD LUCK WITH 2ND HALF PRAY FOR SNOW AND ICE!

·
Registered
27 Posts
well yesterday turned out to be a good one 18 ducks and 6 canads only bad part was we only killed 4 mallards we did put the hurt on the gadwal population! :getdown:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Been seeing probably 5,000-10,000 Canadas here in El Reno, mostly on property owned by my employer . Going pheasant hunting Thurs. and Fri. , but after that, gonna try to slay some of the invaders from the North. Don't know about the rest of ya, but, as far as I'm concerned the duck shooting has been pathetic. Normally, I slaughter the Mallards. Of course, usually, during the duck season I work the evening watch and this year I stayed on days for family obligations :pissed: :toofunny: . Anyway, hope more move in before my zone closes for the year. :smile:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Howdy fellas,
I'm not going to be able to hunt this year but I've been watching the numbers. According to the Dept. of Wildlife the N.E. part of the state has "excellent" numbers. The rest of the state seems to be "fair". The state offers a newsletter that has a nice little report in it that offers duck numbers, food conditions, water level, hunter activity, and hunter success. I get it about once a week.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We shot 13 and a goose on our best hunt december twelth. We were hunting a farm bordering that nine mile lake, to the east of enid. We ended up taking 20 ducks, and 2 canadas and 1 blue goose. When we were thear thear were 30,000 snows that would come off over us, not to mention all the sandhill cranes, and canadas. This may not seem good to you guys but compared to minnesota, this was the hunt of a liftime, alot of the memories come from just being thear and seeing that many birds. I;m always telling people to go to arkansas or texas, and when they mention oklahoma, i say with a grin thear ain't no ducks in the desert.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.