Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just started duck hunting this year and I have bought 2 dozen Flambeu mallards, I was in a hurry to go hunting! I have heard everyone talking about these GHG and G&H decoys. Where do I find them and what price can I expect? Also do you prefer weighted keels or water keels?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
The g&h decoys are a better brand of decoys and I have heard lots of good things about them. They start at about $80 per dozen. Green head gear decoys are good too and they are cheaper. The hotbuy decoys run about $25 per dozen they are worth the money. I have a doz. of the hotbuys and I like them they look great and they are pretty durable. Here is a website that will help you I think.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...arentType=category&cmCat=MainCatcat20712[url]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Throw away the Flambeau's!!! Get a dozen GHG which are great and a dozen GH with the swivel heads to mix it up. If you only need to use a dozen on a certain day, use half dozen of each. The swivel heads can be positioned so every duck doesn't look exactly the same. IMO

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Oh, good heavens! Don't throw away the Flambeaus! Flambeaus are good dekes (unless they're water keels. If so, fill up the keels w/ something, close off the ends.) Mallardhunter is right, G&H are great; they do start @ $80.00. Both companies are U.S. :thumbsup: Ohio & Oklahoma.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have some old Flambeaus that I REALLY like. They are from 1992 and are magnum weighted keel. If they sold those still, I would pay $100 for them.

That said, I do not like the new flammys, I just bought some hotbuys and will get some g&h this summer when they go onsale...

·
Registered
965 Posts
i think people have given you enough info about brands but as you taking about type of keel ....use weighted... nothing worse then throwing a deke out and it being upside-down .. weighted keels keep this from happening... but :withstupid: (can't rember who said it) but yeah i had a cousin get me a doz fammys for a gift ... they didn't have weighted keel but i filled with sand and hotglued the holes in the keels closed works well.. yellow

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Throw away the Flambeau's!!!
BS, if your just starting out, use the Flambeau's for a while. We use them all the time. Other dekes may have better paint and look better to the hunter but we have no problem with mallards ploping in the middle of the spread when we are not paying attention. Then were jump shooting.

If your tired of them Flambueas, send them to me. I'll pay the shipping. I'll put them to good use and kill some ducks over them.

·
Registered
536 Posts
the big problem with weighted keels is the added weight if you are carrying over 2 dozen decoys on your back you may not want them all to be weight keels but other then that weighted keels are the best. oh yah if you just sartingto hunt buy cheep decoys until you know that you like to hunt then start looking for qaulity

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I have some wieghted keels, but, find myself using the water keels mostly, due to the added wieght. Just another one of "those things" to consider before your next purchase. Use the Flambeus. Y'all have a nice day!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.