Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello texans,
I live in central texas, and hunt granger lake, and port mansfield. I was just wondering where you guys hunt

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Hunt anything that is a reasonable drive from the Houston area.......Geese where awsome late in the season last year in Dayton area, would almost pass up the ducks again just to have that many come down again.....
T

·
Registered
6 Posts
Peach Point is ok if you like to show up at midnight for the next morning hunt. I love the 6 hour wait at the line at the gate :thumbsup: before getting an assigned spot. I think that you have to show up a day early to get a preferred spot. If you are lucky, you can also get a free mosquito breakfast.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know of a place kinda of like that if you dont get to your spot by 1:00 am your just out of luck but that is only on the weekends. But its real good hunting later on in the year when all the dallas people get tired of making an hour and half trip every weekend, and if you got a boat that will get you just about anywhere

·
Registered
25 Posts
I live in Temple,Tx and i hunt damn near every tank, pothole, slough, lake, creek, gravelpit that i can get permission to go on. When i get through hunting for the morning, i jump tanks until i have to go to class. A ranch I work for owns over 20000 acres of land in Falls County and there always seems to be ducks on the stock tanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
why hunt peach point when there are many better and easier areas for public hunts in that area??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm still looking for that golden hunt on E Matagorda Bay. I live in Pearland and I've seen the madness that goes on at Peach Point on my way to Sargents, but never had the heart to stop. How much of Big Boggy is accessible by boat from Sargents? I've always hunted the S Shoreline of EMB.

Takem!

·
Registered
25 Posts
you cant use a boat at big boggy... you have to walk ... but some places arent a bad walk... but big boggy is only good during the first cuple weeks of the season

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hunt East texas a lot, Toledo Bend WMA, when I go back home, north of Dallas I slaughter them on and around Ray Roberts and those little bitty stock tanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let's see.. Cooper Lake, Lake Fork, South Sulphur River, Coffee Mill, Lake Fannin,.. All over NE Texas and Western Ark. ans Southern La.. So far with all of the rain, the local flooded river bottoms.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I go to SFA and hunt Toledo and some public land in and around the Angelina. Whenever I go home to Kingwood, I have a duck lease in Huffman. I've also hunted Peach Point and plan on going back again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
whats a good place for public hunting? i have a kayak will that help me reach any good spots? i live outside of houston anyplace within 2 hours would be good.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts