Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
It really depends on where u r . Here in IN the ducks have protected resting areas so if they are hunted hard in one body of water they can move to one that cant be touched. I like to find the backwaters of a lake where there is good natural cover, but little ponds r good to, I hunt for some cattle farmers right in w/there cows by the ponds. If u have a good decoy setup u can pull those ducks to u away from the open water. However in N. Dakota its better to hunt the feilds (or maybe smaller slough if its not a roost) because the waters r not protected.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
5 of 6 as you forgot sloughs, rivers, and flooded timber ... :umm: :yes: I do not hunt flooded timber as there is none in the uppermidwest like in AR, LA, and such.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Of course, after the dirty work is done, i can go back to my blind looking over the water instead of laying down in the mud or spending money on layout blinds.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Illinois-Ducker said:
or spending money on layout blinds.
Yeah but a good pair of wadders costs as much as a layout good blind :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
yeah, i guess thats a good point, i guess i was lucky to receive my uncles after one year of use. Pretty dang good. I wish i could remember what kind they are without digging them out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hunt where ever the birds are!!!!! Basically everywhere

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Either rivers or lakes that arent very big. They are lakes by definition, but the biggest boat on them is less then 20ft, so its more like a plake (pond-lake)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Everywhere I can. I'd get bored hunting the same type of place/setup every time. From the pit blinds in the fields, to the shorelines of a lake with a nature blind, the layouts between the cornrows, the flooded timber, the farm ponds, the layout boats on a half frozen lake, etc, they're all great. I'll pass up a chance to hunt out of my regular blind, knowing I'd get a limit, in a heartbeat to try a new spot/setup. Isn't that what it's all about?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Usually vicariously on TV. Ducks in NC, you gotta be kidding me. :help:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Marshes, swamps, backwater sloughs, and ponds. Anywhere a kayak or canoe will work.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts