Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. A marine here who loves to hunt but doesn't know about the area. Need info on surround area for hunting. Any public or private lands. Thanks. :help:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hello Buxndux - I hunt New River next to the base. Have not got there yet this year but hear the bluebill scalp are there now. I usually put my boat in at the base marina and go down river about half way between the marina and the Sneads Ferry bridge. If you have access to a small boat, you can get great scalp hunting there. Thanks for defending our nation. We appreciate you marines!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hey buxndux, Not knocking Merganser but I have been on the river a few times this year mainly around French Creek and Hospital Point, have seen a few scaup, but usually don't see the masses until after the split season. If you don't mind a crowd and a couple of unethical hunter, there is always the impoundment past Catfish Lake or if you have a boat then you could do the lake. Just a couple of suggestions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.