Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
We put it in the whole where we want them to land. Usually sucks them right in. I throw a decoy or two very close to it to make it look like those ducks just landed. Oh yeah, Gadwall are suckers for that thing. If they see one, they usually come charging right in in my experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree in that these decoys still work but the birds become wiser to them each season, especially towards the end of the season. I use three in my spreads and place them towards the front of the spread fairly close to my position. This way if they flare you still got em dead to rights! That and well positioned dekes usually do the trick.

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
Nice bump AB.

I've been thinking about going over to the dark side and getting one. My group pitched in on one years ago. I think it was called the roto duck or robo duck. Had a bar across the feet that it mounted on.

After it started flaring ducks, one of the guys took it home, wasn't me.

Now, at my club, blinds are starting to use them. Weird thing is, they are working for some of them. Newer hunters that just hit a highball on the hen mallard call, and set out two robos are killing ducks.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
they never stopped working for us..

the old robo that has the bar across the feet with the square opening is not the original.. i posted a pic of an original in the old pic thread.. the thing before the robo was created in Cali.. it was a rectangular peice of metal that set in a frame (one side white, the other black).. it had a bar that ran the lenght of the rectangle and was attached to a motor by a belt..

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I like to put my mojo in the middle........ :grooving: :grooving: :grooving:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Teal always seem to be a sucker for mojos. We just need to get our remote wired to ours the noise tends to make birds nervous before shooting time if they are sitting near by. We pretty much always use one duck hunting but never for geese.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
aunt betty said:
Ok. This is a real hunting tip.
Don't do it like in the picture. WRONG.
Looks like a duck on a stick.

Putting your spinners down as low as you can is best.
:thumbsup:
Under the water works best

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.