Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
697 Posts
Go with the remington 870 sps supermagnum. You cannot go wrong with the wingmaster either, I would just be afraid to beat it up. I love my 870, yes, I will admit that it has had some rusting problems in isolated areas that do not recieve attention from me when I clean it. That is my fault, by no means is the 870 Express line pretty, but you can throw ANYTHING at it and it will keep on firing. The bps is a nice gun, there is nothing wrong with it excpet for the weight unless you add a sling. Pretty much all it comes down to is how much you are willing to spend, and which one really does something for you when you look at it. I would buy my 870 all over again. You talk about a slick gun. Theres no telling how many shots I've fired in the 3 years I've owned it, I love my gun and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

· Registered
697 Posts
I forgot to add how easy disassembly is with the 870. Heck, any remington at that matter. I have hard more people taking their bps' back to the gunsmith just to reassemble them than any other gun. From what I hear, there are a bunch of internal parts that are small and easy to lose. That is what I like about my 870, I can unscrew the mag cap, press the internal shell release, and I have the slide out. Then I can knock the two pins out that are exposed so you can do it with a .22 caliber cleaning rod if you had to, and you have the trigger assembly out. You cannot find a more simple gun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.