Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
The Daisy Cutter is a great call if you want a more medium volume call. It can be kind of loud but was made to be just a little louder than the short barrel. I have a Daisy Cutter and it is one of my fav. calls, but if you want to be able to have a loud hail call, I would say get an RNT original acrylic. RNT makes great calls and I'm sure he'll be happy with whichever one you choose to get! Just my opinion. :salude:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just bought the foiles straight meat mallard and is the easiest call that i have ever blown, I went to cabelas and blew all calls echo,RNT,primos acrylic. Everyone that I have let blow it says the same thing. I actually went down to get the foiles timber rattler but they were sold out, so i tried the striaght meat and it was great instant sale. I would definately recommend it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
290 Posts
My buddy bought the RNT oringinal and wishes that he bought the Foiles SMM. Definately try them out and see.

·
Registered
729 Posts
GAduck&goose said:
I have the Quackhead an it sticks after about 5 minutes of blowing. Haven't tried any of the others, but I think the basic design is the same.
That does happen. I had the same problem, too much spit in the call.
Blowing a call for 5 minutes straight, when you think about it is a long time.
You don't blow that long in a round of contest calling, and I don't ever think I have called at the same Ducks for 5 minutes. In between calling at ducks I seperate my call, take a paper towel and slide it behind the reed without bending the reed(absorbing the spit). Then I let it a dry until the next wave of birds come or until it is dry. I use dual loop lanyards for one call so the barrel and insert are close together (when seperated) so I can put the call back together quickly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.