Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I get a case of guys Winchester expert loads , Kent fast steel or remington nitros? and should i buy them in #1's #2's or BB's (I hunt ducks and geese)

P.S. I dont know if this will help but i shoot a Stoeger Model 2000 cambered in 3 inches.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Forget the X-pert's there junk!!! I like the Remington's never tried Kent heard alot of good thing,s about them though. I took apart some X-pert shell's lot's of flat spotted shot, different sized stuff low quality IMO

·
Registered
360 Posts
Remington nitros are AWESOME! 3 or 3 1/2 #2(geese) or #4(duck). They are the most expensive of the 3 kinds but the best. Kent fast-steels are great for the price. Love um. winchester x-perts are alright but i would take the other 2 over them.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
You need to buy a box of each and pattern your gun first. All guns shoot differently, even the same guns that look identical. I have seen two 870s bought at the same time pattern better with different loads. My gun patterns best with none of the shells you mentioned. I shoot Federal Ultrashoks 3" 4s. Expert aren't good shells in general.

Buy a box of each and give them a try.

P.S. 3" Winchester Drylok BBBs are awesome outta my gun too.

Remember, speed does kill, but it don't if their is a hole in your pattern big enough for the ducks and geese to squeak through. I patterned my gun and my shots per duck and shot per goose went way up.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The faster the shot is going the less you have to lead the birds. That kent fasteel gets goin. It's cheaper too :yes:

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Ive never try'd em, but I think the Kent Fasteels look good.

I used the Remington shells, they work good I guess.

For the 3 1/2's I used Federals.

I agree w/KS, pattern them all out :thumbsup:
-Stouff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.