Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first house this summer and need to get some waterfowl art on the walls! I plan on hopefully getting a nice woodie drake and a mallard drake and mounting on the wall in my den. Anyone have any cool waterfowl mounts in thier houses? Lets see some pics guys!

:salude:

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Bwaahahahhahahahaaaaa If you read the title carefully one could take it to be a hillbilly joke :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: Thanks I needed a laugh today!

I've got the usual framed artwork that you get at the conservation banquets and a few bird and fish mounts too. No pics though...

·
Registered
70 Posts
i've got 2 goldeneyes from last year getting mounted (hopefully) as we speak.....going in my office at work when they're done....

bad part about woodie drakes (at least around here) is that they have their best colors on out of season......you have to convince on to have a heart attack and die in your back yard....unless you want to break the law and pop one out of season.....a high price to pay for decoration

·
Registered
70 Posts
would that be called waterfowl husbandry??????

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
admin-- I was wondering who would make a joke about that..... I was just too lazy to edit it after I wrote it.

:yes:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Well to start out with i will start with my best one, that is a woodie, then we have a speck, then we have a nice mallard, we have 2 pheasants, a grouse, a partrage, and whitetail, and a mule deer. Thats all we have, I am hoping to get a nice pintail with a long tail, I have shot some, but they don't have the long tails :thumbsdown: o well. Sorry though i don't have any pics

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mallardhunter- snap some pics of those beauties! I need something to convince the fiance to let me put a bunch of birds around the house..

·
Registered
70 Posts
hold on now you never said anything about the future better half.....get all of the toys (guns,decoys,stuff,etc) you can now.....

once the ring is on the purchases change....we need carpet....we need a stove....i want a baby...your cash situation changes drastically....

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey 98, I too just bought a house, and finally have a nice place to display all my prizes. I am really happy with the way its decorated- very tasteful, my discriminating sisters even think so!! I've got a nice banded drake woodie that i placed on to a piece of barnwood along with the framed band info sheet that you get from the usfws and a nice brass plaque that has the info.Its really sweet! also have a nice late season mallard drake too. I think if i add anymore, the room would look cluttered. theres also a whitetail, a bear rug, a squirrel that i did myself, 2 trout, Oh, my one sister is a florist, she made me a special house warming gift this summer, It was a wreath made from the gobbler that i got in May--Its cool!! Anyway, I think if you do it right your fiance will appreciate it too. .........Later :salude:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
surf_ox said:
hold on now you never said anything about the future better half.....get all of the toys (guns,decoys,stuff,etc) you can now.....

once the ring is on the purchases change....we need carpet....we need a stove....i want a baby...your cash situation changes drastically....

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHa.. So far I have got a new shotgun, new camo, new clothes, all kinds of dog stuff, and fixed up the boat. I was planning on this so I got all the stuff I could ahead of time......

:getdown:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OTDRSMN said:
Hey 98, I too just bought a house, and finally have a nice place to display all my prizes. I am really happy with the way its decorated- very tasteful, my discriminating sisters even think so!! I've got a nice banded drake woodie that i placed on to a piece of barnwood along with the framed band info sheet that you get from the usfws and a nice brass plaque that has the info.Its really sweet! also have a nice late season mallard drake too. I think if i add anymore, the room would look cluttered. theres also a whitetail, a bear rug, a squirrel that i did myself, 2 trout, Oh, my one sister is a florist, she made me a special house warming gift this summer, It was a wreath made from the gobbler that i got in May--Its cool!! Anyway, I think if you do it right your fiance will appreciate it too. .........Later :salude:
PICS PICS PICS!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont have any pix!!!!, and besides if i did i cant scan on this dinosour that im on now......sorry!! :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have birds throughout the house. We have several landing geese mounts, they include Honkers, Snows, Ross and Cackler. I have a pair of Mallards in my sons room flying over his bed. In the livingroom I have a pair of flying Shovelers. I have a Widgeon, Bufflehead and a Mallard in variuos standing and preening positions in the family room. I am still waiting for a good looking Spec and my favorite bird a Bull Sprig. I have a pair of Cinamon Teal going soon to get mounted. The birds are great art and give great memories as you sit and reflect in your home.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've got several. The Hooded merganser and he Wood duck get the most attention of all. A word of advice, don't let someone thats had little experience do your mounts. BIG mistake. I got cought up with trying to save money and have been disappointed ever since. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bull Sprig, couldnt agree more, as you sit there and admire all your trophys, it just brings back the great memories of that day. were going out to ND in a couple weeks to chase ducks that we just dont see around here, i'm hoping to get a nice bull Pin or maybe a drake widgeon for the wall as a memory of our 1st trip there. :salude:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have a drake widgeon flying to the right, a drake widgeon cupped and a dead mount of an eagle head snow goose. This season I'll shoot a hen woodie to be mounted next to the drake I have in my freezer. Possibly standing on a piece of drift wood or perhaps with the hen sticking her head out of a woodie box and the drake standing on top. I also plan on getting a few canadas for a dead mount.

yeller

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
What does it cost to get a bird mounted. I want to have a blue mounted, and if I get the job I want in December I will probably be able to afford it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
KS that just depends on the taxidermist in your area. Price could range from 150 to 225. The average will be about 175-185. For a goose.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts