Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Tule Tom takes me fishing every once in awhile and I've determined that I am a completely incompetent beginner fisherman. I'm surprised he tolerates my boating shenanigans.

Went out with Shotgunslb and I scared all the fish away.

The great thing is that they both taught me stuff that might come in handy someday.

Have to admit I will do more fishing this summer as my son loves it.
Probably stripers. Then hitting all the stocked kiddie ponds around here so the boy can have some fun.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
What's this thing called bass fishing? I caught this thing on my fishing pole by accident, while I was jigging for croppie. :biggrin:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool those are some hawgs widgeonater how much did that one weigh and how much did yours weigh reason? I ripped a few 7's last year and a bunch of of 5's and alot of ones under 5 but last year was a good year i will be out there fishing alot this year have to put the boat to use since duck season is over.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Didn't weigh it, most people would probably call it a 5. However, my experience with a digital scale tells me it was in the 3-4 range.

·
Registered
342 Posts
ON the handheld scale mine registered 6.7 LBS. Not sure exactly how accurate the thing is, but I'd say it's pretty close! Haven't been able to seal the deal on a 10 pounder yet... Lost a few that would have come very close and I've pulled in some 8's and 9's... Still waiting for that 10!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Now you guys went and did it! Had to start me on the bass fishing...speaking of bass fishing, anyone interested in the possibility of trading a specklebelly hunt next year for a trophy smallmouth bass fish this summer?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Quack addict should change his name to Lunker King. :biggrin:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thanks guys! I do catch some very big smallmouth with a couple largies here and there, but my dad has me beat. We've actually entered this one with DFG for Official Trophy certification in the Trophy Black Bass - Smallmouth category.

When it's not ducks...it's bassin'! :biggrin:

·
Registered
231 Posts
BrokenWing said:
AW that looks like Bullards Bar
Dont think so... Wrong water color, but i could be wrong.

And after all the years Ive fished bullards, i have never caught a bass over 2 pounds... LOL... I spend a week there every summer, for the last 18 years. Caught thousands of bullards bar clones, all right around 8 inches

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.