Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone hangs out here in the off season. I am one of the old farts that likes ducks, dogs, decoys and hunting enough to talk about em all year 'round. Anyone else the same way?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just found this site the other day...I've seen your handle at a couple of the other sites T-ler... Seems like I hit this computer everynight looking for someone to talk ducks or fishing to....

Stretch

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's cool Stretch. I am busy looking at different forums to see what they have to offer, and I like this one, simply because it seems to stay focused on ducks and hunting. I will definately be checking in here nightly to see what's new and what I can add to the mix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like the set up of the forum...Speaking of ducks...Went riding fourwheelers today , playin in the mud at a local mud pit...They were running big trucks and rails but theres plenty of trails to ride a bike...Anyway , met a dude over there says he's got some prime river bottom land , spose to ride it out next weekend...Dude says theres lots of duck holes , but he only deer hunts...Might luck up and introduce someone new to the world of duck hunting and score a new duck hole at the same time...

Stretch

·
Registered
33 Posts
Glad to see there is someone else on this forum this time of year. I am new to this site myself and hadn't seen much activity here in the week or so I have been here.

I am from eastern Iowa and right now there are tons of ducks staging in this area on there return to the breeding grounds. I don't think I have ever seen so many ducks sitting on the Mississippi River as there are now. I live right next to the river and every morning I look out the window and the sky is just filled with ducks. When I drive to work the river is just covered up with them. It is truley a spectacle for any waterfowler.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fellas, I guarantee you that if I know someone else will be here daily, I will stop in regularly to keep the conversations going. Always willing to discuss ducks, decoys and dogs.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I am here representing Kansas. I live right by a national wildlife refuge, and got my little brother duck hunting now. We are self taught waterfowlers. Great to see some people still hang around in the offseason.

Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey texas t i check in every nite so maybe we can get somethin goin in here.hey quacker your right about the ducks here now i havent seen this many ducks in this area for a long time,every where theres waters theres a duck in it. seen big bunch of mallards tonight on little slough must been 500 or better you couldnt get another duck in there lol.any way to bad this place dont have a chat room we could all get together.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep....I'm the Texas forum moderator over there. Been looking for some action and checking out some of the new boys in town as websites go. I like this place enough to include it in my favorites and will be here often to see how things develop. Like I said, I like the focus here as opposed to some of the sites where anything goes. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like to hang around. :)

I used to go over to SDH before it went to a paysite. I know Matt Jones pretty well and he went nutz on Kevin. :shock:

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I still do get on SDH from time to time. The boys down in Florida and I sometimes go back and forth about different subjects. It's fun to give them crap but you better be able to take it too. Why is it that sight seems to have less and less people on it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The people on the forums have always been the driving force on SDH, and as more and more folks decided that the pay to play plan wasn't their cup of tea, they went to other sites. I am okay with their choices...it's a free country. However the folks that are still on SDH are an extremely tight and close knit family, and if the current problems are overcome, SDH will likely remain a small waterfowling community for a long time to come.

Have you guys checked out the new hunterscentral forums yet? It is growing fast right now, and membership is rolling in pretty fast. A lot of present and former SDHers there right now, as well as Refuge folks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm active in a lot of sites, however I'm going to watch this one grow. It's not necessarily fair to use sites against themselves as an advertising engine for another.

My .02

·
Registered
20 Posts
im here all the time mostly looking and learning from what others say i live in oklahoma and we do a lot of duck hunting here mostly ponds and a little on lakes when i can go with someone that has a good duck boat

·
Registered
33 Posts
okshooter,
Did you guys have a good season last year or was it like just about everyone else in the middle part of the country? No ducks until after the season was closed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The season was terrible here in IL. It seems like there are more ducks and geese here now then all year in the Peoria area. Good to see everyone still on this sight during the off season.

·
Registered
20 Posts
we had a pretty good season not the best ever but i am not going to complain about it we killed a lot of wood ducks and mallards and all the gadwalls we wanted we also killed a few canvasbacks redheads pintails wigeons and pintails so over all we did ok but yes there were a lot more ducks here after the season closed i just saw about 15 teel on a small pond on my way to class this evening

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
THe middle part of the country is getting ducks. We had a ton of ducks here. I took limits almost everytime I hunted. There was only one trip that I didn't get close to a limit, and that was because of poor shooting. The last two years, I have killed tons of ducks.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'll pop in for a few minutes every so often. :D I wonder if I'm the only one from MN here? 130,000 lic waterfowlers, ya would think there would be a few more guys here... :?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts