Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the high gas prices curtail your hunting this fall?
Yes it will have a profound effect on my hunting travels24.76%
Yes it will have somewhat of an effect on my hunting travels921.43%
I am not sure yet511.90%
No it will have no effect on my hunting travels2661.90%

·
Registered
622 Posts
It won't affect mine at all. Probably 99% of my hunting is within 15 miles of the house, so there isn't a whole lot of gas involved in that. I hope to make a trip to MS and gas prices won't keep me from going.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Were paying nearly $4 a gallon in Manitoba for fuel, but it's always planned that duck season is usually gonna be exspensive so i just don't think about it :salude:

·
Registered
598 Posts
The gas prices have no effect on my hunting. I plan on trying to be out there huntin them ducks & geese every chance I get. My main spots are all within about 10 miles of the house. I go to a few places that are about 20-30 miles away, but I'm not gonna let it affect me.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
It will have a small effect. I will still do my normal hunting...... But my visions of driving the 350 miles to Delta Junction for geese will have to wait. :thumbsdown:

-Stouff

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
102.9 cents per liter here in NS. Thats over $4 per gallon, so most of my hunting is going to be close to home. Just checked out a beaver pond within 5min of home and the farmer said to come back and see him this fall before the season, so hopefully I have another spot close to home for bustin the web footed flyers.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I think the only thing that would stop me is if I was to die. Then the boys have orders to cremate me and sprinkle my ashes around the decoys on opening day.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Bad ****.......

:laughing:

Dude, I keep falling on the floor laughing.....stop it, stop it!!! :laughing:
-Stouff

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I noticed today that gas here is 2.659 a gallon. I don't even pay attention to what it cost. I can't change it! I need it! I will drive 90 miles one way at least 2 times a week duck hunting this year. With my truck averaging 11 miles a gallon over trip, i will be spending 42 bucks round trip. I will just throw that price in with shells and gear to help me figure out what rediculas price i paid per pound of duck this season.

This is why we refer to what we do as a SICKNESS!!!!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
kiwismakebetterlovers said:
Greg Wile said:
Just checked out a beaver pond.
Important note: I dont know what that means over there but here it would be something you wouldnt talk about at the old folks church reunion
:toofunny:

:eek: No! Its not what you would think of as a sheep pen in NEW ZEALAND or in civilized countries as a secretary pool, its older and usally a bit stagnant. :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
it will probably have some effect on my hunting. i may not be as willing to just up and drive across the state in hopes of popping a couple of quail. it won't affect my duck hunting at all though. the spots i hunt are close enough to not reall make a difference.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.