Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of purchasing a Winchester Super X2 to waterfowl with. I definately want the 3.5" model. I have found a NIB for $670.
I noticed a brand of shotgun: Stoeger, does anyone have any experience with either of these guns. I will appriciate all the input I receive on either gun.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I have been using the SX2 for 4 seasons now and I really like mine and it fits me pretty good. No major problems with it. Some minor ones-but that is because it was dirty-which is not the guns fault but the owners :oops: Any semiauto with have troubles functioning if dirt/sand get into it. :yes:

No experience with Stoeger.

Butthe fit of the gun should always be foremost to shoot well regardless of brand. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appriciate the input h20,
I hope to find a local dealer to see if the gun fits properly and if it does I think I'll add it to the safe.

Any help on where to find guns at reasonable cost would help also.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Good gun it's what my dad shoots.... make sure it fits though... That VERY imortant...

PS: it's deadly with a Pattern Master on geese//// :mrgreen:

Mallyard

·
Registered
94 Posts
Winchester make the best guns.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great gun i my opinion. I haven't had not one single problem. I've taken down ducks that before i would have thought to be out of range. Kent faststeel patterns really well through it. I usually shoot 3 1/2 bb's for ducks and bbb's for geese.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tried a pattern master choke in it but, went back to the factory choke. They really done a good job when winchester built this one.

·
Registered
696 Posts
ya, ive been wanting to get me a winchester shotgun, preferably a sx2, i shoot the old pre 64 winchester model 50 and i love it, and i know that this one is a different setup, but as far as looks go, they look a lot a like, too bad i cant find a new one with a plain bead barrel, o well though, take what you can get :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts