Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok boys I bought my boyfriend an SX2 for his birthday, we broke up and now I am stuck with it, my new boyfriend is a geek. So I paid like 750 for this thing, am willing to take 600 or best offer. It is new in the box with whatever they come with. Please take it off my hands. Thank you
Oh! almost forgot. I am suppose to tell you it is all black synthetic, whatever that means. It takes 2 3/4, 3 and 3 1/2 but you probably already knew that. Oh! I took it back where I bought it from (gander mountain) and ther guy said they will not take it back, he offered me 550, should I take it???

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Wish I had a girlfriend that would by me a gun, heck I would settle for just a girlfriend. Anyway, I think you could get more than 550 out of it if you paid 700 and it is new in box. Leave the posting on here for a while and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Here is a few tips on shipping /selling a gun. I should point - I hate seeing anyone being duped, so here is some info so you can make an educated decision, ok?

If shipping, I think only UPS will ship it. Tape the ends and seems well. Cover the outside of the box with grocery store brown bags paper - it hides that it is agun-no manufacturers name visibleLess chance of it being stolen. Also use plenty of clear packing tape to make sure it stays altogether.
Insure it for full amount that you paid for it--buyer should pay for this. It is part of the shipping and handling/ins as a rule of thumb that a buyer pays for. But this is negotiateble.
It MUST be sent to a person holding a FFL (Fed Firearms Lic) and the FFL lic I beleive needs to be on the shipping adress. (check with UPS). Often the FFLs (local gun shop) will charge a fee to receive the gun and do the Fed paper work-generally $25 to 35 fee-buyer pays that again when he picks up the gun and pays it to the FFL. (some buyers may have a good friend that has a FFL-and then there may be no fee). If by chance he is NOT approved by the Feds when he picks up the gun, he forfietes the shipping costs AND you may deduct having to pay the FFL what he will charge you to repack and ship it back to you. This is long shot that this could happen-but I've seen guys get denied that surprides me.
Get certified funds before you ship it - Cashiers check, Paypal, etc. - if a personal check, wait 10 business days to make sure the check is good.(yes I had a guys check bounce, and luckily I had not shipped it yet).

Give a bill of sale and keep a copy for your records, make sure the brand, model, serial # is on the bill of sale along with the buyers complete name and address and yours too. Some will make the buyer include a copy of their Drivers Lic to make sure they say who they say they are when they send the $. Yes a photo copy machine will pick up the name and addy info OK.

If the person lives close to you and you are doing the transaction in person, you do not need to deal with the FFL thing - but there could be local laws restricting sales-you would be to check with the gun shop, they should know. Again give the bill of sale and check their DL and get cash then. Take a friend along too and do the transaction in a public place where others are around just for is case. Trust your instincts.

I hope this gives some good basic protections for all involved for a smotth transaction. If you think this is too much to do, look around for another gun shop, maybe they can do a better price for you. Tell them the gun is New In Box unfired over the phone-they should be able to give you a phone quote. And last way is to run an ad in the local paper too, run it for $650, expect $625. So $600 to you + buyer pays shipping and ins and the FFL fee is a fair price in my book for a NIB unfired SX2 Blk Syn. Heck if someone offers you $550 and you have to ship it--heck why bother with the hassle-as you can get $550 from GM easier.
Also realize 1 thing, GM nor any store can not sell it as a "new" firearm since it has been sold once already-but they can sell it as a NIB unfired. Bottom line is they will discount it 10% ($675)when they sell it.

And lastly, why the guys are so interested in you may not so much be the idea of a gal giving a boyfriend a gun, but maybe that is it a sign that you have a heart of gold-and nice guys do pay attention to women who are that way for sure. :thumbsup: I never had a gal buy anything even close to a gun for me with the girlfriends I've had relationships with--maybe that is why I'm still single.... hahahhahaa

Good luck on selling the gun and that the new boyfriend goes well for you. :thumbsup: Oh and tell us how the transaction went and stop in occasoinally. Ok? :smile:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Ouch that one hurt.... :toofunny:

And FYI it is a HE and he has red hair..... :yes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.