Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was invited to a field day at Grizzly Island (central CA) this past weekend, by worknem. As we sat on the tailgat of his ford truck talking about ducks and stuff. He reached into a cooler behind us and pulled out an ice cold Rolling Rock for me(and then handed me a pair of channel locks to open it with) After he handed me the beer, he then reached into the same cooler and pulled out a zip-lock bag full of cold water with a wing lock duck call in it. He takes it out of the bag and started bowin it. The very first call had a little squeek to it but after that they all sounded just fine, he blew several strings and they all sounded great. The call had been in there all morning he had told me, and that there was nothing used on the reed to help it from sticking. Worknem told me that it is all in how he was blowing the call. I personally know that the call was in there for at least an hour, because that is how long we stood by the stage watching the young fellers blow on duck calls for a junior comp.

If anyone has sticking questions worknem may have some solutions.

Saturday was the first time i had met worknem, and it was a pleasure. We sat on the tailgate of his truck for at least an hour and he gave me pointers on callin. (Worknem knows his callin). There are some great folks on this site, i have met two of them so far in person. I hope that i get to meet a lot of you some day.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
sounds like a good time. it's always great meeting new people with similar interests. i look forward meeting several members here over the next few months. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Ace; Pleasure meeting ya on Saturday!

Thanks for the kind words, but not really warranted.

I didn't really wish to go thru the old all calls stick in the right / wrong conditions and one just learns how to work around it bit so thought I'd try that. I guess the proof in the pudding so to speak, LOL!, is how's your sticking recovery doing? Any headway there and I'll be feelin real good.

Call anytime you are up this way, chances are we'll have somethin goin in the garage.

Rel Atwood

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:thumbsup: I think i'm gettin a little , and i stress little, better every day.

And i might have to come see that garage someday. :salude:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.